Top Speed Event in the North. Gauging interest.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

56oval

RMS Regular
As per the title folks, we have a possible opportunity to run top speed / vmax at St Angelo.

Ultimately it would depend on the amount of interest. This would be more suited to those who have the fear when it comes to launching their cars in a drag style start although it wont be a rolling start. Bikes WILL be eligible.

Let me know your thoughts please, it will be a Saturday if we can make it happen.

Last edited:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Oh yes definitely! Wonder could I fit a towbar to the C63 and take the bike down an all? :p
Would love to give both a run ideally. Keep me posted please!

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@gav525 this might help then again it might not

upload_2018-11-28_17-55-15.png
upload_2018-11-28_17-55-15.png

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
What does it mean for people afraid of a drag start, but also it's not a rolling start?
What kind of start is it?

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
What does it mean for people afraid of a drag start, but also it's not a rolling start?
What kind of start is it?

Just means you don’t have to full throttle launch. You can take off normally and shoe it when your sure your drivetrain can take it.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Just means you don’t have to full throttle launch. You can take off normally and shoe it when your sure your drivetrain can take it.
Thanks, I get it now. Not competitive. More like a trackday than a race, so to speak.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

For trap speed, a hard or soft launch makes almost no real difference anyway....or indeed a rolling start at the typical speeds used given it takes almost no distance from a standstill to get to that rolling start speed anyway.

Realistically, St Angelo would only support a 1/2 mile distance and that's making use of the entire runway. Slower vehicles might be able to run 1km, but it does leave braking distances short, and even if they are slower, they may also have poor brakes.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Update.

I can confirm we are go.

Sat 3rd 1/2 mile heads up vmax event.
Sun 4th Aug Drag Day. Ireland's premier drag racing event.

One badass weekend of high speed action.

Last edited:

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
incidentally does anyone have any side profile images of supercars i could use for some promo flyers?, obviously crediting the photographer.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
My wife's on a hen doo that weekend so I'll have my daughter and any other free time will be given to the UGP

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.