Tornado Red Mk7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Willy599

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Hello Everyone,

Sold my previous Mk7.5 GTD last February after I saw my current Mk7.5 GTI down at Agnews Boucher Road, which happened to be the specification I was looking for in a GTI for 3 years. (Previous GTD build here White Silver Mk7.5 GTD )

Photos of it at the forecourt

Finally got it home, beside my old GTD

Spec List over standard for the car includes:
Performance Pack
Climate Windscreen
7-Speed DSG (DQ381)
Vienna Leather
Panoramic Sunroof
Dynaudio Excite System
Discover Pro Radio
Rear Camera
19in Santiago Alloys

Firstly the most important bit I had carried out was a having a Front End Paint Protection Film applied to the Bumper, Bonnet, Arches, Headlights and Wing Mirrors as well as the rear boot lip beneath the boot lid was wrapped by Complete Car Care Company in Lisburn. As my previous car seemed to pick up stone chips very easily despite sitting far back from other cars.

Whilst it was in getting wrapped they also wrapped the roof gloss black to tie into the sunroof. Darren did a fantastic job on both.

Following on from this, the car came with aftermarket carpet mats in the car, not to my personal taste so I swapped them out with my old Weathertech Rubber Mats from the GTD.

I then broke out the Rupes Bigfoot and corrected the paintwork followed by applying a ceramic coating to the paintwork and hydrophobic coating to the wrapped areas. I also painted the Brake Disc Hubs and they were getting rusty, and could do with a freshen up.

Currently I'm mulling over choosing some new alloys for the car, but thought I might as well try on my old BBS CI-R 19's (Et45 8.5J) from the GTD wrapped in Michelin PS4S's (225/35R19). Not too certain if I like the complete dark theme on the car so took them off and put the Santiago's back on and then swapped the Michelins onto the Santiagos as the Pirelli P-Zero's (Fairly new) just weren't cutting it for me.

Recently fitted some Gloss Black Mirror Caps as well to tie into the Dark Theme.

I also got the rear three windows tinted up to the optional factory spec (90%).

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Following on from this in May '21 I decided a set of Pretorias would be the best alloy for the car as I didn't particularly fancy going down the diamond cut alloy route. I also wanted the alloys to ideally sit out further than the previous ones, so my research let me to the Pretoria alloys from the T-Roc R which sit 5mm further out. I went with the clubsport centre caps as I thought it would tie the alloys into the red of the car better since they are a matt grey colour.

Fitted the Manifold Cover into the engine bay along with the Skoda Washer Cap.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Wowsers, some spec there! Haven’t seen a Mk7.5 as well kitted out before.

Looks great. Some spacers would help fill the arches out a bit. I had 10/12mm on my Mk7.

Edit- spacer comment was before the Pretoria post.

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Coming into Winter, I knew the Michelin PS4S' would not be suitable with our wet weather so after a lot of searching I found a nice set of Belvedere alloys for winter. Swapped off the Bridgestone S001's they came with for my Goodyear UltraGrip's, then gave them a good clean as there was A LOT of imbedded brake dust on the alloys.

Then I coated them with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour to make it that bit easier to look after. Also aligned all the centre caps with the air valve for OCD fun.

Following their arrival I decided I hated the silver disc hubs and stripped them right back and painted them satin black, then I fitted the Belvedere winter alloys after coating them in Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour. Then I gave it a good clean as it's due it's service this week as it's about to hit 6k miles since the last one. I also decided to ditch the mudflaps as I wanted a cleaner look.

I then topped up the ceramic coat with Gyeon CanCoat to get me to Easter before I do a full reapplication of ceramic coat.

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Wowsers, some spec there! Haven’t seen a Mk7.5 as well kitted out before.

Looks great. Some spacers would help fill the arches out a bit. I had 10/12mm on my Mk7.

Edit- spacer comment was before the Pretoria post.
Thanks Lyons, finally got round to building up a thread for the car so I had a lot to add and it all didn't fit into on post. The pretorias suit it width wise but it could be a little bit lower, but after having clipped my old cars front canard going onto site before I'm hesitant to lower it.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
That looks absolutely fantastic

its hard to beat a red 3 door.. your subtle modifications really tie all together
nicely and as @Lyons says, quite the spec list

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Beautiful GTI there! 😍

The winter wheels are actually my favourite of the lot, very nice. I think Red needs a little silver to work.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That’s a perfect looking GTI, I really like them in red and I much prefer the GTI to the R, to me they stand and out a bit more in a good way.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Absolutely stunning @Willy599 and great work in car to date, although I am biased as just purchased a mk7.5 2017 GTI PP last week in Tornado red 😎

You got a part number for manifold cover and washer as it’s very tidy looking.

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Absolutely stunning @Willy599 and great work in car to date, although I am biased as just purchased a mk7.5 2017 GTI PP last week in Tornado red 😎

You got a part number for manifold cover and washer as it’s very tidy looking.
Thanks, part numbers below:

Inlet Manifold Cover (06K103925AA)
Ball Stud (06E103164)

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Great looking GTI with a cracking spec list. Much prefer the looks of the mk7.5 to the new mk8 which I think looks awkward. HTD (y)

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
That really is an outstanding looking example, they don't normally float my boat that much, albeit they are a firm RMS favourite, but I'd happily part with my hard earned for 1 like this 👌

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
LOL, that was my thought too tbh.

You need a set for every occasion, rain, sun, casual, formal ;)

Lovely GTI that.

Have you got any plans to lower it?

No, no plans to lower it, I'd like to but the standard suspension is too good for daily use to warrant changing.

Thanks folks have a few more things to do to it so plenty to keep me busy.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Car looks great. Really liking the black roof too, suits it so well.

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
This arrived today from Royal Steering Wheels, slightly thicker, perforated sides, smooth top and bottom and red stitch.

IMG_1298.JPG
IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Love that! Makes such a difference, the standard 1 is just a bit too skinny. It was the best £159 I spent!

I definitely agree very skinny, just makes long distance driving that big more comfortable.

likewise, i did similar, just alcantara top and bottom
I'd have liked to do alcantara but I know it'd end up all stuck down fairly quickly.