OP
Willy599
First wash of the year
IMG_1569.jpg

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Nicest wheel on the golf imo. Loved them on my white silver GTD. not fussed on the current wheels to be fair.

Agreed, wouldn’t be a massive fan either. New ones are perfect though.

The current wheels are my winter set up with winter tyres, they're just easy cleaned which was the main factor in their choice as well as the PS4S' are a bit woeful in winter.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Picked up a set of new genuine Brescia alloys today, as I'll be selling the Pretorias, just need to get the Michelin PS4S' moved across now.

View attachment 348694
They look class. Will suit your car perfectly. Are you running 225/35/19 tyres?

I have 235/35/19 PS4S and getting rubbing the odd time at speed if I hit bump on road only on front right/ front

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
They look class. Will suit your car perfectly. Are you running 225/35/19 tyres?

I have 235/35/19 PS4S and getting rubbing the odd time at speed if I hit bump on road only on front right/ front
Yeah I’ll be running 225/35R19’s, I’ve never had an issue even with my 8.5J wide et45 bbs’ but I stay at standard height.

You’re running spacers aren’t you? Might be worth taking the front two off and to see if it solves the problem, then you could always go for smaller spacers.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Yeah I’ll be running 225/35R19’s, I’ve never had an issue even with my 8.5J wide et45 bbs’ but I stay at standard height.

You’re running spacers aren’t you? Might be worth taking the front two off and to see if it solves the problem, then you could always go for smaller spacers.
Haven’t fitted spacers yet. Defo won’t be putting any on front. Lol. Yeah I have it lowered too on eibach.

Got a set of genuine golf r wheels with winters, will fit them an see what it’s like.

You going to ceramic coat the wheels?

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Haven’t fitted spacers yet. Defo won’t be putting any on front. Lol. Yeah I have it lowered too on eibach.

Got a set of genuine golf r wheels with winters, will fit them an see what it’s like.

You going to ceramic coat the wheels?
Coating them as we speak

image.jpg

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Finished ceramic coating the alloys in Gtechniq C5 and plopped in the red centre caps off the Pretorias so they're nearly all set for spring. Just need to find suitable spacers for them now but can't decide if 12mm front & 15mm rear is too much, as I don't want stones thrown up the side.
IMG_1933.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I have Forge and H&R spacers - 10mm and 15mm (I think)

More than welcome to try them (Dundonald)

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Finished ceramic coating the alloys in Gtechniq C5 and plopped in the red centre caps off the Pretorias so they're nearly all set for spring. Just need to find suitable spacers for them now but can't decide if 12mm front & 15mm rear is too much, as I don't want stones thrown up the side.View attachment 349064
The best wheel for the GTI. Car is looking really well :cool:

Where did you get the wheel device (or whatever it’s called!)?

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Got the Michelin PS4S' moved across yesterday, and gave the car and wash and fitted the Brescias today now that we're back toward the warmer weather. I also gave the Belvederes a good deep clean to put away until next year.

IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2271.jpg