Tornado Red Mk7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
My NCZ Works Paddle Shifters arrived today, look and quality is the same as the originals and they also light up!

IMG_6557.jpg
IMG_6563.JPG

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Picked up a set of 19in BBS CI-R's (8.5J ET44), but cheap enough to refurb them. Ordered a set of 235/35R19 Pilot Sport 5's and a few bits of new misc hardware for them.
Existing tyres are Kumho & Avon all above 5mm 225/35R19 so will sell these one as they're too narrow for me. Just need to decide on who to get to refurb them now Nu-Luk has closed.

Also removed the metal spigots and c rings to take the rust off them for after the refurb.

IMG_7186 2.JPG

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
will look well will you always have a project going:grinning:
Thanks David, should look well when tided up. First free weekend in a while and ended up with these...may need to take up a sport instead :laughing:

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Mucked about at the weekend with different alloys, the BBS to see what colour I want to go with, and after a dodgy Microsoft paint attempt to remove the stainless steel rim protector. I think I'll refurb them satin black again and not replace the rim protectors but still tempted with a gunmetal/chrome grey but don't know of the right shade.

Then put on the Brescias until they're refurbed to test out the new Pilot Sport 4S's and to sell my winter 18s.

IMG_7229.jpg

70151907343__32C95483-760F-4BF2-BA9B-AB6671419C8B.jpg

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Beautiful set up.

Be keen to hear your feedback on the PS5's. Getting a set fitted on Friday.

SEAN G

RMS Regular
New wheels look well. Who did you get to refurb the wheels - knowing how fussy you would be are you happy with the quality of the refurb - would they be as good as the work Nu-Luk did
PS 5’s seem a good job though I think they could do with a bigger rim protector
Performance wise there does not seem be a lot between them and the Pilot 4 S

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
New wheels look well. Who did you get to refurb the wheels - knowing how fussy you would be are you happy with the quality of the refurb - would they be as good as the work Nu-Luk did
PS 5’s seem a good job though I think they could do with a bigger rim protector
Performance wise there does not seem be a lot between them and the Pilot 4 S
I had Bodyworx NI do the refurb, £60 a wheel excluding VAT. I am too fussy for my own good, but would say they're a 9-9.5/10.

Only reason for the deduction would be, is the barrels and tight areas inside the spokes could do with another coat of lacquer as it's a little more textured than the faces. But I will be fair and say this is likely because of the finish option being satin and another coat for the inside of the spokes would make the finish less consistent, as well as the inside of the spokes are concave so would be awkward to paint.

Overall I'd say they're on par with Nu-Luk whilst being a good whack cheaper, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone seeking a refurb and if you are after the 10/10 standard then you just have to buy a brand new wheel.

With the PS5's they're 235's on an 8.5J alloy so little less protection than those using them on an 8J, but I'm conscious that they will reduce the speedometer accuracy by 1.08%. They seem a very good tyre and can't wait to test them out, better suited for year round than the 4S as the 4S really don't like the cold.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Buy this relocation pipe for the coolant which goes under the intake - there is an official Racing Line one but its much more expensive. Have had one in my car for years now

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Buy this relocation pipe for the coolant which goes under the intake - there is an official Racing Line one but its much more expensive. Have had one in my car for years now

I have one sitting to go on, was just seeing what it's like in the meantime. Assuming I can wiggle it underneath the intake in place when I can be bothered putting it on.

Willy599

RMS Regular
OP
Willy599
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
I now have this on my to do list. Do you know any local VW dealers who can offer a bit of discount on VW prices?
I bought mine of eBay so can't comment, but I usually found Philips in Lisburn very good on prices even compared with TPS.