Torque

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

brendy

RMS Regular
btw get registered onto seatcupra.net you will be one of only a few who have bought a pdtdi cupra so far, means you get to gloat!
Ive been a member for years and have met a gair load of them, nice fellas and girls.

Big Dog

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhall
the ability to speed up without dropping a gear...
(if u want to over take someone put ur foot down and do it if u have good torque... dont drop a few gears)

Martyn

RMS Regular
Torque is a measurement off turning force...

Comes in two measurements lb/ft and Nm...

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Big Dog said:
(if u want to over take someone put ur foot down and do it if u have good torque... dont drop a few gears)

Yep. Lots of low down grunt in your leon. :grinning:

Bronk

RMS Regular
get a tuning box in it jacqui, will increase ur torque loads :lol:

rugrat

RMS Photographer
OP
rugrat
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
RMS_BRONK said:

When I finish testing what the leon has AND paid the £16k for it, I might consider that :p

Chrismac

brendy said:
btw get registered onto seatcupra.net you will be one of only a few who have bought a pdtdi cupra so far, means you get to gloat!
Ive been a member for years and have met a gair load of them, nice fellas and girls.

I am also a member of seatcupra.net, any info you need about your car can be found there.
BTW dont believe the power and torque figures, you can be pretty sure the Cupra is pushing out a fair bit more than what SEAT claim!

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
rugrat said:
RMS_BRONK said:

When I finish testing what the leon has AND paid the £16k for it, I might consider that :p

Just remember tuning boxes not only help the performance, but they improve your fuel economy too... D4LY's an agent for them.. Pm him for a price! :laughing:

streetcar

Big Dog said:

In most cars maximum torque is produced at fairly low revs. it is a myth that torque is a measure of low down power, this is not true! torque is the ability to change horse power into movement.

And the higher in the rev range that the torque is produced the better because u can take advantage of gearing!!

Big Dog

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhall
streetcar said:
Big Dog said:

In most cars maximum torque is produced at fairly low revs. it is a myth that torque is a measure of low down power, this is not true! torque is the ability to change horse power into movement.

And the higher in the rev range that the torque is produced the better because u can take advantage of gearing!!

i am on about in rugrats case

rugrat said:
236@2000 ( lb / ft )

what does this mean?

streetcar

It means that this car produces its maximum torque figure of 236 lb/ft at 2000 revs.

So if he puts his foot down at 2000 revs in whatever gear, this is where the car will pull the best.

His maximum bhp figue will be quoted at alot higher revs, but if he puts his foot down at this revs it will not pull as well as at his maximum torgue figure.

Is this any clearer?

rugrat

RMS Photographer
OP
rugrat
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
streetcar said:
It means that this car produces its maximum torque figure of 236 lb/ft at 2000 revs.

So if he puts his foot down at 2000 revs in whatever gear, this is where the car will pull the best.

His maximum bhp figue will be quoted at alot higher revs, but if he puts his foot down at this revs it will not pull as well as at his maximum torgue figure.

Is this any clearer?

*she* :p

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
dont go for a tuning box....get it remapped. There is a company in Belfast that will remapped it to over 180hp and well into the 300lbs of torque bracket!! Heard too many stories about tuning boxes!

rugrat

RMS Photographer
OP
rugrat
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
As I said in another thread, let me get the hang of 150 and paying for it before I do anything! :confounded:hock:

brendy

RMS Regular
a little over 150 bhp and same torque as an evo 6.... yea just jump right in with a tdi module!
actually the best upgrade you can do for the cupra costs 20 quid! lower front anti roll bar from a s3. two nuts, holes are already there and 3 mins under the car.
after that Revo can get a helluva lot out of the pd ti engines. 0-60 in 7 secs etc.....
my Cupra is having bother with traction at the moment! :grinning: think i need to get better tyres, these ones are still like new too....going to have to wait a while by the looks of it!

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
150 TDI LEON IS THE DOGGGGGS ....I FINK IT IS THE ONLY VAG CAR WITH THE I50 PD ENGINE THAT YOU CAN BUY NEW .....I FINK .....IT REALLY IS BY FAR THE BEST GOIN 1900 DIESEL ENGINE THERE IS....I FINK...AS FOR TUNING IT DRIVE THE CAR FOR A WHILE STANDARD AN SEE WHAT YOU FINK IF YOU FEEL LIKE TUNING IT TRY A TUNING BOX FIRST.... A TUNING BOX ,SERIAL TUNING ,AN AN ECU CHIP ARE ALL VERY MUCH THE SAME....I FINK ....IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE WHAT IT IS LIKE WITH A TD PERFORMANCE BOX ON IT LET ME KNOW AN U CAN TRY 1.....PS WATCH THE SUMP...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.