Totally and utterly pissed with my foam gun

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
I went through about 3 in a year and I just fill the bottle up with pretty warm water and let it run through when I am finished with it. This one has gave no bother at all.

Oh and on another note, Articulate is the best thing in the world for them god-awful hateful carpet arch liners that Audi insist on fitting! It leaves them like new...

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I was just about to post about the autoglym one as well. I use it with anachem ultrafoam and auto finnese snow foam ( name escapes me at the minute) it works well and with the shape of it, it doesn’t fall over as easily.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
If you team up the autoglym foam lance with polar blast, the foam is really really thick. Not much cleaning power I've noticed but for looks it's 100%

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Bit of help folks, since this morning when I connect my autoglym foam lance to my trigger and try to foam the car it pulses alot and the foam doesn't foam up, it just comes out abit sudsy and eats through alot of snow foam in the bottle. Pretty much wasting it all

When I disconnect it and go to rinse the car the power washer works as normal so I'm guessing it's not the washer

Is it a matter or stripping the bottle apart and cleaning it out?

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Probably the wire gauze in the gun, need to run water through it for a minute after every use, remove bottle, close the valve so it’s not drawing anything up the pipe and just run water through it via the power washer as usual, it keeps the gauze clean and that’s what makes the foam, probably need a new gauze

I’ve had mine 10 years now and do this after every use, still like the day I got it!

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Probably the wire gauze in the gun, need to run water through it for a minute after every use, remove bottle, close the valve so it’s not drawing anything up the pipe and just run water through it via the power washer as usual, it keeps the gauze clean and that’s what makes the foam, probably need a new gauze

I’ve had mine 10 years now and do this after every use, still like the day I got it!

Thanks will give that a go 👍

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Will be the gauze. Had the same issue and a new gauze sorted it. Check YouTube for dismantling the foam gun and changing the gauze.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Contacted my mate who's and autoglym rep and he said there was a guide on YouTube for some maintenance so I've done that and will get trying it tomorrow to see if that helps.
There is a hole inside the top bit that needs declogged every now and again, handy done so hopefully thats it fixed. Will know more tomorrow before I go stripping it apart anymore