Wanted: Touring Caravan

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
We are looking for a touring caravan. Ideally a 4/5 berth in good condition. Not interested in anything needing work or with damp, etc.

Open to different layouts. Budget of around £5k for the right van.

We are going to view some at a dealer at the weekend but thought I'd ask here first on the off chance someone was selling.

Thanks.

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
We are looking for a touring caravan. Ideally a 4/5 berth in good condition. Not interested in anything needing work or with damp, etc.

Open to different layouts. Budget of around £5k for the right van.

We are going to view some at a dealer at the weekend but thought I'd ask here first on the off chance someone was selling.

Thanks.
Anything we looked at in that price range had some form of damp or needed some updating.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Don't mind a bit of updating, just don't want any mechanical issues, damage or damp.

Reactions: crx

RevT

RMS Regular
There was one on Facebook lastnight Nick, in around the high 4K mark and it looked dead on.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
There was one on Facebook lastnight Nick, in around the high 4K mark and it looked dead on.
I've messaged about one in Ballymoney, just wait for a reply.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
PG Caravans Ballymena seem to be recommended quite a lot on the groups for sub 10k vans. No experience with them myself though.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
PG Caravans Ballymena seem to be recommended quite a lot on the groups for sub 10k vans. No experience with them myself though.
Yeah a friend has used them a few times. That's where I'm going on Saturday.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Don’t forget an allowance for the ancillaries (water barrel, waste etc) if they aren’t included. Also, give serious thought to an awning. I know you talked about only trying it out but if you are buying a van you must be fairly serious and an awning will greatly increase space and comfort.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Don’t forget an allowance for the ancillaries (water barrel, waste etc) if they aren’t included. Also, give serious thought to an awning. I know you talked about only trying it out but if you are buying a van you must be fairly serious and an awning will greatly increase space and comfort.
Definitely get an awning but possibly an air one. My wife and I nearly divorced the first time we put the awning up. If it is the older pull it along a track, coat the track with fairy liquid as it makes it much easier.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Definitely get an awning but possibly an air one. My wife and I nearly divorced the first time we put the awning up. If it is the older pull it along a track, coat the track with fairy liquid as it makes it much easier.
Pole awnings = divorce in a bag!

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I would recommend a porch awning. That said, I've got the divorce awning down to a fine art. Watched some you tube vids and the tip is to put the center pole up first and then the side poles, I put it up myself too. But the porch awning is very easy to put up and is very light. I got a 3 bay one, designed for twin axle length vans but fits nicely on our 5 berth and is actually bigger than the pole awning but takes up a similar amount of space.