Toy room complete 😎

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
New to me BMW S1000R, its my second one of these monsters and TBH I don't know why I sold my 15 one! Another thought of 'I'm not using it so sell it!'

So toy room complete, Well I think it is........until the next thing pops into my head 😂

DSC_1562.JPG

DSC_1563.JPG

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Nice garage full of toys there!You didn't pick the S1000r up from AH Superbikes by any chance?
No, privately, didn't know they had one. I was very tempted by Hurst's Speed triple RS but it's not as clean as I'd like. Great bike though.

I test rode a few bikes as I've been bike less for just over 2 years now (pissed about the NCD on my insurance 🤬) and realised I still love 1000's. A Street Triple 765 RS was just a revving machine to me.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
The bike got its first outing today........yes its first!!!! Too busy with 3 jobs and a Lotus to enjoy!

Love it though I am a bit rusty after 2 years bike less, the auto blip downshifting is great, I didn't think I'd like it but I think I will.

I've had faster bikes but no one needs more go than one of these, maybe I'm getting old and sensible.

I don't think I'll change anything on the bike, the only thing an S1000R needs is a screen and it's already got one, without it's pretty unpleasant at 70moh never mind more.

Givi phone mount fitted and a Wunderlich carbon tank bag ordered, had one on my last S1000R and really liked it.

Daft Eddie's first customer this morning.......

DSC_0056.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Got the S1000r mot'd today and the mot inspector was impressed buy it, he'd never seen one. Had a run around Dundrod and then home for a clean.

After being out a run with Mark on his Tuono V4 a few weeks ago I've got noise inadequacy thoughts, I could hardly hear my bike over his full Ackrapovic system 😠

The standard Ackrapovic on the 2017 S1000r looks great but it's a good bit quieter than the original 2014 S1000r, EU meddling again!

Need an exhaust!
DSC_0277.JPG

Last edited: