toyota corolla 1000 kp30 parts wanted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

craicedup

RMS Regular
Drives
mazda rx7
Looking for any body panels that are out there for sale.
kp30_0072.jpg

AaronKP30

RMS Member
Drives
2001 WRX
I haven't anything for sale, but have collected some spares over the years but they have been getting harder to find.
Got ripped off on a pair of NOS still-in-the-box doors a few years back. Paid for them but they never arrived, and I'd bought stuff from the guy before.

I started making GRP moulds off my car, only got the bonnet done so far. Intend to do all the bolt-on panels eventually, including door skins. Probably take years at the rate I've been going though.

What parts do you need?

Aaron.

craicedup

RMS Regular
OP
craicedup
Drives
mazda rx7
I could really be doing with front wings and rear arch repair panels or if you know any arches that i could cut up to repair mine.

Charlie

AaronKP30

RMS Member
Drives
2001 WRX
I've got fibreglass front wings on mine, and used the arch section off another pair to repair my rear arches (left front on right rear and vice-versa). Unfortunately, I never got the mould for the wings, I just bought a few left and right wings in various states from a guy who used to race. The wings always rotted above the headlights where there was a double skinned section for mud to lie in, I think I recall a friend of mine saying (about 20 years ago) that he'd bagged the last pair of new front wings in the country.

Aaron.

craicedup

RMS Regular
OP
craicedup
Drives
mazda rx7
I dont suppose you will be taking moulds of the front wings at some point.

AaronKP30

RMS Member
Drives
2001 WRX
I do intend to do all the bolt-on panels, but getting the time is another matter unfortunately.

Aaron.

craicedup

RMS Regular
OP
craicedup
Drives
mazda rx7
No worries if you get round to it let me know probably gonna be at least six months before it will be ready for paint.If you have any pictures of yours stick them up would be interested to see what it looks like.

Charlie

AaronKP30

RMS Member
Drives
2001 WRX
Will do, but it's been a long term project delayed by moving house, building a garage to put it in and starting a family. Mechanicals have all been pretty much completed for last few years, but the bodywork now needs a bit of TLC before painting. Will try and find some pictures when I get home from work.

Aaron.

craicedup

RMS Regular
OP
craicedup
Drives
mazda rx7
I know mate they are always a project but will be good to keep a few more on the road.

AaronKP30

RMS Member
Drives
2001 WRX
A few photos of it before I put it in the garage to tidy it up a bit.

You got any pics of yours?

Aaron.

craicedup

RMS Regular
OP
craicedup
Drives
mazda rx7
Its looking good are they the fibreglass wings on it.Are you turning it into a sprint car? I have loads on my phone will upload them tomorrow its the same colour as yours at the minute but gonna spray it porsche nutmeg brown.How nuch work was it to fit the 4a engine.

AaronKP30

RMS Member
Drives
2001 WRX
Just going to be a fun road car.
They are the GRP wings and the rear arches fitted in those photos, yes. Had almost decided to change the colour to the bright yellow that MR2s came in but decided to keep it standard and do the wheels matt black for the sleeper look.

The 4A-GE was a reasonably complicated swap, but all done on my parent's drive. Physically, it had to be mounted much lower than in the AE86 Corolla to get the bonnet shut which meant my fabricated passenger side engine mount ended up where the oil filter should have been. Had to remote mount the oil filter and used an oil cooler from an AE92 Corolla. On the driver's side the inlet manifold support strut needed modified. The brake master cylinder had to be very short, and fits inside the curve of the inlet manifold. Clutch master cylinder had to be mounted under the dash on a fabricated bracket and the pedal modified to actuate it. Original gearbox mount was cut and modified to suit AE86 gearbox. Gearbox tunnel needed a little fettling for clearance and gear lever position. AE86 gear lever had to be cut and welded so it is straight. Custom one-piece prop-shaft was required. Radiator is a modified Daihatsu one mounted forwards of normal position with a Peugeot electric fan on the outside. Battery moved to the boot to leave enough room for an air-filter. ECU loom, fuse boxes and engine wiring all modified to fit the 1000 shell. AE86 fuel pump and mounting flange fitted to the 1000 tank with a new fuel supply line to the engine and the original used as the return. Heater connections needed modified for clearance at the bulkhead. Downpipes needed cut and welded to clear the steering.
The steering is going to need looked at as it will foul the bell housing slightly when the suspension compresses with the steering anywhere but straight ahead - I'm looking into a fabricated arm that turns backwards as well as down to position it where I want.

Probably did loads of other stuff that I can't remember.

Unrelated modifications are XR2 vented discs spaced inwards 10mm to allow the 4-pot calipers to fit inside the wheels but I want to re-do the caliper brackets as I am unhappy with them as they are.
Most of the polyurethane bushes where found in the kit-car/hot-rod section of the catalogue and I had to have some custom moulded to complete the front end.
New uprated rear leaf springs were made 1" lower by Leda, with poly bushes but standard shocks for now. Stiffer front coils were custom made 1" lower with Monroe strut inserts and a home-made strut brace.
I made all the flexible brake and clutch lines from Aeroquip hosing.

Aaron.

craicedup

RMS Regular
OP
craicedup
Drives
mazda rx7
Thats a hell of a lot of work i take it you are a mechanic. Was thinking of putting a 5k in mine with twin 40s.

AaronKP30

RMS Member
Drives
2001 WRX
Not really a mechanic, I repair and maintain machinery in a factory as my job. Self-taught around cars though.

Had a "professionally" tuned 4K in mine before, but it didn't last very long so I decided to go for a standard more powerful engine rather than trust someone else to tune another smaller engine.

Definitely a lot less hassle sticking with the K series of engines, there's a few variants about even within each capacity.

Aaron.

craicedup

RMS Regular
OP
craicedup
Drives
mazda rx7
Yeah my mechanical skills are zero so hopefully it wont be a nightmare to fit.

AaronKP30

RMS Member
Drives
2001 WRX
If you have the 5K sitting ready built up, you should be able to do it in a day even with little experience. Handy to have an assistant for lining things up though and a proper engine hoist helps.

Aaron.

sym0n

sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but i too am in desperate need of some front wings for one of these cars. I sent some to be repaired and they somehow got lost!!

I have had no luck in finding some and would greatly appreciate any help.

Cheers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.