Toyota Starlet Gt Turbo restoration video

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just watched this little resto job on this wee gt turbo, a great restoration vid condensed into 17 mins, really satisfying to watch & to see another one of these cars brought back to life & kept on the road. Used to love these wew motors back in the day bags of fun & character with them. This guy in the vid is clearly a very handy guy from mechanical work to the cosmetics of actually spraying without a booth or without a ramp for the mechanical work. Went onto ebay there to get a rough idea there of what these motors are making & i seen one for 12k, another for 10k & one 9! I remember you could of bought these for around 2k! Just another example of the way car prices have gone crazy. Anyway here's the vid for anyone interested

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Decent video Tbf , he done a smashing job for it being diy!

Prices are extortionate 😂 I know personally as after 12 years on / off of ownership I sold my last glanza 2 weeks ago and it was deffo more than I paid for it all them years ago

Never owned a gt but sort of wish I did as I know a lot of boys preferred them

Mac1987

RMS Regular
OP
Mac1987
Drives
Anything
I've a few to do here myself and can't wait to get stuck in.

Getting the parts for them has been a battle and a half!
Yeah I'd say the parts would be getting hardish to come by now!...
Seen this same fella done a restoration vid on a ek civic type r. Its an even better vid than the starlet imo because there's more work put into it. This fella should have a tv show coz the work & finish he gets on these cars is fantastic well up there with wheeler dealers or car sos or the likes

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
He loves a rattlecan doesn’t he 😂 I’m sure they still look like ropey enough oul things in person but it’s a hell of an improvement and at least they are on the road again.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I've a few to do here myself and can't wait to get stuck in.

Getting the parts for them has been a battle and a half!
Exactly why mine has gone after 12 years lol over the past 6 years it’s been stored in my unit which is partially heated so never below 10 degrees and the amount of bushes , seals etc started to weep and break down. In 2017 I bought a rake of parts for it and I remember on icp I think? There were 15 odd pages of any part you’d need. Went on few months back around the time I was speaking to you and they have 1 item 😂 some change

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Yeah it was ICP, I should have bought more from them too!

Think it's the same with most cars of the same era, the used parts have dried up quite significantly and even in Japan what you can get is twice the price and half the quality.

I have to get my other two cars into the garage before the winter, away to start clearing the space now 😆