Toyota Yaris GR

RCT

RMS Regular
When do the order books open for the new one?
March Nick. They won’t tell us as dealers anymore that what everyone else knows atm! I’ve a few customers mad for them! They have all registered their interest on the Toyota website via email, which is all you can do atm.

I believe these will be sold online and Toyota will vet the customers to determine who gets one. No doubt be the same as the GR86 that was sold out in 90mins. You just pick the dealer you prefer to collect/handle the car for you.

Late last year in Germany they released 1000 Landcrusiers and they all sold out in 30mins, so I think anyone that wants one of these Yaris will have to be quick when they are released.

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
March Nick. They won’t tell us as dealers anymore that what everyone else knows atm! I’ve a few customers mad for them! They have all registered their interest on the Toyota website via email, which is all you can do atm.

I believe these will be sold online and Toyota will vet the customers to determine who gets one. No doubt be the same as the GR86 that was sold out in 90mins. You just pick the dealer you prefer to collect/handle the car for you.

Late last year in Germany they released 1000 Landcrusiers and they all sold out in 30mins, so I think anyone that wants one of these Yaris will have to be quick when they are released.

What will they be looking for in the vetting process?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I was on the list for the last one with no success :sob:

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
From a GR forum if anyone is looking one
  • Ordering available from March - all to be done online, not in centre. (This is so TGB can manage allocation)
  • Production starts in April 24'
  • Demo's with dealers June 24'
  • Customer deliveries due to arrive q3 24

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Seen some of the Europeans had prices through already in the low 40k euros, be interesting to see if it breaks the £40k mark here. Would push it in to the higher tax bracket which I know some people are a bit funny about.

Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh now and see how they compare.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
And those last two are just stickers and bits of trim? Or more to them?

Edit: and a bit of tinkering with the stability programmes...

I'd go for the "cheap" manual. Unless someone was planning to use theirs for commuting, in which case the auto would be handy.

But either would do very nicely I'm sure 😎

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
And those last two are just stickers and bits of trim? Or more to them?

Edit: and a bit of tinkering with the stability programmes...

I'd go for the "cheap" manual. Unless someone was planning to use theirs for commuting, in which case the auto would be handy.

But either would do very nicely I'm sure 😎
The test drive videos were saying that the auto is the quicker car. Faster round a track anyway.

RCT

RMS Regular

The test drive videos were saying that the auto is the quicker car. Faster round a track anyway.
Aye, but this is the same company that thought the Lexus ISF (5.0 V8), didn’t need an LSD, as whatever way it was setup it was “quick round a track”. That’s all ok for statistics, but it’s no use in Northern Ireland when you want to come out of junction square in the wet, instead you’re a one wonder with 400 bhp and makes you look like a tit!! I think the later ones had an LSD but my mums car is one of the 1st ones that didn’t.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It's a lot of money for a car that isn't drastically different to the Mk1 GR, not sure how these will sell.
Can't see the limited editions doing well at that price point either, definitely wouldn't be where I'd put £60k!

Still looking forward to getting a look round one though

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad