Toyota Yaris GR

colin84

RMS Regular
I don't understand how people think £30k is way too expensive. At the end of the day it's not JUST a Yaris. It's a completely bespoke body, new engine, new 4wd system, suspension/brakes etc etc and all the development that went into it, quite frankly I dont know how they can sell it at £30k and not make a loss.

Compare it to MINI GP3 - standard body with a mad bodykit, drop in engine already used elsewhere, only FWD, take out the back seats = £38k.

I'd love a run in one. Think it would feel a lot more nimble and alive, like say 90's rally cars, whereas most modern hot hatches, while very fast, just feel very linear and subdued.

My comment was more to do with spending 30k+ on a Yaris, I'm not saying it's not worth it, or over priced. I would love a drive in one, I just wonder how many people will buy one new.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
The car is built to satisfy the needs of a niche market ... those that appreciate what potentially the car will deliver in terms of drive, agility and fun.
its never going to appeal to everyone and Toyota know that; unfortunately with the internet we have to suffer the morons and their ill informed comments out there who simply dont understand the market segment this is geared at ... @colin84 not saying you are a moron :grinning:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@big_pete I edge closer to a deposit every night, two nights ago I signed up to MyToyota, last night I logged in to configure a spec, tomorrow night who knows...

I'd love one.

Looks like there's only two configurations 🤣 colour and weather or not you want circuit pack

Might be the first car I go to a dealer to try out in a long time

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The mate who has had one ordered for ages has cancelled his order due to Toyota UK being useless.

Apparently they were getting a demo in that was to go to 4 UK dealerships, one of which was his local one in England. Phoned them up, nope we're not getting it at all. Turned out it was already there, he found out in time and went down but the car they were showing everyone was a JDM one or something and had a load of options not available in UK.

No update from them since he ordered it, talks of delays and stuff so he cancelled and went and bought an M140i. Shame as I was looking forward to a blast in a GR!

David Patterson

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Type R
I will be in the market for a new car next year , but was struggling to find anything interesting as I like Jap reliability, and want an interesting/fun car to drive. This ticks all the boxes and will be booking a TD. Kudos to toyota.