RMS Regular
2JZ Yaris GR - 900bhp

abe9f2bbb4f0a1bafcdbbb15b7c4f132.jpg

f0e58d8152ab184ab296e63bd0cff62e.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I wonder what’ll happen to the prices over time. Is it a limited run?

Toyota have to produce at least 25,000 of these to satisfy WRC homologation rules. Toyota have said they will make more if the demand is there.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I'm sure I'll prob never own one of these, but it's nonetheless very invigorating and inspiring to see a manufacturer releasing a wide-bodied 3dr performance hatch that doesn't make a lot of financial sense, when most of them seem to be moving in the opposite direction - good for Toyota. Car enthusiasts need cars like this to spice things up, otherwise we continue with nothing but the inevitable run of 2.0 Turbo 5 door German exec hatches. I miss the days of exciting and unknown quantities in this sector, like the Clio V6 and Sunny GTi-R

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Toyota have to produce at least 25,000 of these to satisfy WRC homologation rules. Toyota have said they will make more if the demand is there.
It's not going to be a rally car so homologation numbers don't matter.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Did they not do away with the rally homologation rules years ago anyway.

Nope, they're still a thing apparently.

Covid etc hit the development of the Yaris WRC and knocked its time line so it was canned as it would have been just for the one season as hybrids are going rallying in 2022 so Gazoo Racing chose to stick with the current car.

Toyota have said that they will still build a minimum of 25,000 of these though.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Did they not do away with the rally homologation rules years ago anyway.
Not as stringent as they once were, but since Toyota made so many changes to the Yaris WRC, it was no longer a Yaris, so they had to build a road car to suit the regs.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Nope, they're still a thing apparently.

Covid etc hit the development of the Yaris WRC and knocked its time line so it was canned as it would have been just for the one season as hybrids are going rallying in 2022 so Gazoo Racing chose to stick with the current car.

Toyota have said that they will still build a minimum of 25,000 of these though.
I wonder why there’s no wrc polos or fiestas etc.
Never mind just read that last post.

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
This is the most interesting new car I’ve seen in a long time that’s not mental expensive! Completely love them and I’ve not even seen one in the metal

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I wonder why there’s no wrc polos or fiestas etc.
Never mind just read that last post.

Yes, should have added that there were so many changes for the 'Yaris' WRC that it was effectively a new model so it needed homologation to be allowed to race.

They did small things like make it 3 door and 4WD.... In fact there are only 3 or 4 exterior parts shared between the normal Yaris and the Yaris GR

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Seen a vid of one dyno'd and the guys seemed to think Toyota have been holding back their bhp reporting a little.
I believe the one on the dyno did around 310-320 bhp. 😎