Toyota Yaris GR

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
That's not a bad thing tbh. Would you really want it looking anything like a yaris 😂 especially for the price. I think they look absolutely class. Can't wait to see them in person and hopefully get a test out in one

I know but others on this thread saying that they couldn't justify it for a Yaris not realising how little it shares with the common Yaris.

In the flesh it looks like something special, like you could rally it in Group N tomorrow (if that's even still a thing).

ryan2focus

RMS Regular
Screenshot_20201219_214010_com.facebook.katana.jpg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Good for track probably. Good for the rural roads locally..... I think not 🤣

These things will be slapping much more powerful and expensive cars around a B road without worrying about bottoming out 🙈

Was just thinking the same, it seems a bit silly to dial out the suspension travel that was so carefully designed in. 🤦‍♂️

They actually developed it to be more compliant for uk roads

I'd guess on how much they'll prob cost from Litchfield they wont be crashy or worse than std!

Bit like cosworth suspension I've in the subaru, its lower but its night n day in comparison on uk roads to std sti suspension, and developed specifically for the Impreza cosworth

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
They actually developed it to be more compliant for uk roads

I'd guess on how much they'll prob cost from Litchfield they wont be crashy or worse than std!

Bit like cosworth suspension I've in the subaru, its lower but its night n day in comparison on uk roads to std sti suspension, and developed specifically for the Impreza cosworth

If I'm going down a back road and catching air I think I'd rather the full travel from factory vs lowered 😬🤣

No doubt it's better for the uk roads, but I imagine litchfield will develop it more for the likes of English roads, our roads are a sham in comparison.

MarkM

RMS Regular
If I'm going down a back road and catching air I think I'd rather the full travel from factory vs lowered 😬🤣

No doubt it's better for the uk roads, but I imagine litchfield will develop it more for the likes of English roads, our roads are a sham in comparison.

As long as it doesn’t rub or on the stops when compressed it’ll be a massive improvement with that kit on, suspension on homologated cars is usually total ***** as they know it will be changed, no was I could live with that horrific arch gap!

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
As long as it doesn’t rub or on the stops when compressed it’ll be a massive improvement with that kit on, suspension on homologated cars is usually total ***** as they know it will be changed, no was I could live with that horrific arch gap!

The arch gap isn't even bad 😬😅🙈

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
They look like a right laugh, I'd love one but its a bit small, ideally need something like the Corolla, think they'll do a GR version of it?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Can't see it, I'm surprised they even got the Yaris approved - wide-arch rally-style hot hatch isn't really a huge market requirement for Toyota at the moment.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Unless they switch to Corolla for their WRC car base I don’t think there’ll be one. Doing well getting the Supra and Yaris so far.