Toyota Yaris GR

design1

RMS Regular
a guy from portaferry had ordered 3, yes 3 of them one for the garage never to be used one for the daughter/son and other for himself to drive everyday.was gold that today from guy out of toyota.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
a guy from portaferry had ordered 3, yes 3 of them one for the garage never to be used one for the daughter/son and other for himself to drive everyday.was gold that today from guy out of toyota.

Wasn’t me but I can hazard a guess at who it was, will be nice to see one regularly in the metal/carbon. His storage collection is great.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Just had a superb chat with Toyota. Called to get my build date, which is May 2022 - a lifetime away but future Cooper should be pleased.

I couldn't believe the knowledge/enthusiasm of the chap at the other end of the phone. He was able to tell me random facts like the car is being built in the same factory as the A80 Mk4 Supra. Also the 20/21 allocation is only 1800, and yes its unknown how many Toyota will build for 2022, but considering the likes of the mk3 Focus RS did nearly 6000 units for the UK, it bodes well.

David Patterson

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Type R
Just had a superb chat with Toyota. Called to get my build date, which is May 2022 - a lifetime away but future Cooper should be pleased.

I couldn't believe the knowledge/enthusiasm of the chap at the other end of the phone. He was able to tell me random facts like the car is being built in the same factory as the A80 Mk4 Supra. Also the 20/21 allocation is only 1800, and yes its unknown how many Toyota will build for 2022, but considering the likes of the mk3 Focus RS did nearly 6000 units for the UK, it bodes well.
Was your chat with a local Toyota dealer or Toyota uk? I may have to push the button as well as the waiting list is getting longer. Last I heard it was October 21.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They will have to build 25000 for WRC homologation. Not sure over how long though, but there should be enough to go around.

Assuming it will actually rally, it's kind of got caught out "between regs" with Covid and all the rest of it turning things on their head.

A cracking wee car either way, should make a fantastic B-road rally and trackday toy :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, that was what I read as well, that it started off as a homologation special but actually got caught between rules. A bit like the BMW M1.

Doesn't really matter though, we got a cracking wee car to enjoy! Just hope enough people buy it so we get more cars like this :cool:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Will be interesting to see what Toyota do with number, 1st time they've been in this position in a long time. You'd think they'd keep numbers tight and values high, but then again they've developed the car for rallying and now they're only pay off will be from the GR so maybe they will sell everyone they can.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Will be interesting to see what Toyota do with number, 1st time they've been in this position in a long time. You'd think they'd keep numbers tight and values high, but then again they've developed the car for rallying and now they're only pay off will be from the GR so maybe they will sell everyone they can.
Allegedly it is a near loss the car itself. Interesting to see. Test drive at the weekend! :laughing:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I thought they are still planning to make it an R5 car?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They are and they aren't, lol, it appears to be complicated. Covid throwing a spanner in the regulation game.

I hope they do.

bob

RMS Regular
I heard a story of a well known rally driver who had one for a weekend recently and took it over all the classic Donegal stages, said it was the best set up car out of the box he’d driven - all it needed was seats & caged and it’d be good to go!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Talking to two different people today about motors, dropped into conversation I had ordered a yaris. Both already had theirs ordered well before me. Wat. I'm late to the party!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get one out on the stages tbh, bound to be a few out if there's homologation papers available.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I know it's already been posted but still
139451130_4175059569175560_5056972592468266880_n.jpg
139456830_4175059582508892_522040849631003919_o-1.jpg

If I could, I would. Maybe, in 5 years, before they start to climb back up in price

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I still can’t get my head around the fact it’s only
1 - A 1.6
2 - A 3 cyl
3 - 260 hp or whatever it’s rated at .
I know it’s all about the weight / drive but for the past 10 years everything has been 300+ and min a 2.0 ltr.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I still can’t get my head around the fact it’s only
1 - A 1.6
2 - A 3 cyl
3 - 260 hp or whatever it’s rated at .
I know it’s all about the weight / drive but for the past 10 years everything has been 300+ and min a 2.0 ltr.
The quick German hatchbacks wouldn’t see where the Yaris went down a B road. And it’s not about outright pace. It’s how accessible the performance is in any conditions and how at ease it comes for the driver.

I’ve ordered one. I’m keeping my order. That’s enough for me! I did take a wee bit of footage so as long as it doesn’t sound or look too cringey I will post it up later!
87160FAB-1593-48AE-B37F-B17995D6F047.jpeg
FF68042F-4477-4F76-86CC-06198192AB17.jpeg
07271BCA-D786-4E73-BF5B-454B07B720FA.jpeg
4EB85B48-4B34-4866-BF66-10BCEC992F19.jpeg

Cro

RMS Regular
The quick German hatchbacks wouldn’t see where the Yaris went down a B road. And it’s not about outright pace. It’s how accessible the performance is in any conditions and how at ease it comes for the driver.

I’ve ordered one. I’m keeping my order. That’s enough for me! I did take a wee bit of footage so as long as it doesn’t sound or look too cringey I will post it up later!
View attachment 312948View attachment 312949View attachment 312950View attachment 312951
I’ve since realised that if anyone other than you has this out on test then me fist pumping out of a moving vehicle has probably come across as quite strange to the driver 😂

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I’ve since realised that if anyone other than you has this out on test then me fist pumping out of a moving vehicle has probably come across as quite strange to the driver 😂
LOL I only had it 2hrs! Quite possibly 😂

Reactions: Cro