Tr7 V8 Fast Road/sprint/trackday Restoration Project.

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar XF
@Statler I have already read all the info - substantially is open to interpretation, this is just a full resto per the factory homologation Cars :p

Heritage cert is in the post already! :grinning:

Thanks, I’m excited to see it finished..
Excellent!

How's the Midget coming along?

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Excellent!

How's the Midget coming along?

Good!

It Has it's guts hanging out at the moment, new Engine loom being made & ECU change to DTA S100

Should have all its winter upgrades complete and ready to start testing in about 6 weeks :laughing:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
oh and 1 positive came of waiting so long, found out that car was built in 1981 and registered in ‘82 so it is now Tax & MOT Exempt 8o|:p

The modified aspect might fudge the MOT exemption...it's a bit of a grey area, although if it was a V8 in the tax book originally, it might get away with it as they do allow engine changes.

Reactions: IL

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Will be great to hear it fire up.

What do you want to know, I installed and did the base map on the RB-Z, its a really nice software to use.

I am going to Fire up the Software tonight after I update my Garage laptop to Win7

I have a Base Map due this evening from TDP who did the engine work, they should hit the majority of things

But i'll still need to calibrate the DBW throttle, Base timing & All the Sensors need Checked and Calibrated

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I think you will find the setting up and testing pretty easy as you follow through each item on the configuration settings most of them have a test option and the help page will describe any of them you are unsure about. It really is great intuitive software.

Your base map will have the base timing setup probably close enough to run on.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
I think you will find the setting up and testing pretty easy as you follow through each item on the configuration settings most of them have a test option and the help page will describe any of them you are unsure about. It really is great intuitive software.

Your base map will have the base timing setup probably close enough to run on.

Got Win. 7 on my Laptop last night, Latest Link software on and Base Map loaded up.. Double Dutch to me, i'll take a Spanner any day..

DB2C2788-1636-414B-8279-196734E28872.jpeg

I found this video a few weeks ago, it gave me some drive to push on..

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Progress check on the wiring was promising last night..

The main car loom & Switch panel is fully wired and Functioning, ECU loom to complete this week!

Very impressed with the Loom, nicely wrapped and labeled at every Connection!

IMG_8345.jpeg

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
After alot of head Scratching, Cursing & 12 hours yesterday remotely logged into someone who knows better..

B0D2FE79-43E9-4138-AF85-6388F0B27D0F.jpeg

IMG_8904.jpeg

IMG_8918.jpeg

DBW Throttle Sorted - I don't know who thought this was a good idea but it now works..

And Boom. Rough as hell but what a feeling - 9 years waiting on this..

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Thanks guys, sigh of relief to hear it come to life.

@slickcell left me over a timing light today, so plan is to getting it running more smoothly this evening by massaging the Timing figures and then focus on trying to get some info up on my dash display and chase a few fuel and oil leaks.

As usual a long list of to do’s, but nice to have to back in my garage so I can rattle through them and prepare for Mapping next :grinning:

Last edited:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Fantastic, you must be pleased, big milestone despite more work being left. It means you are really close.

Reactions: IL

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Thanks Folks,

Timing dialled abit closer so starting nicely now..

Working on the Dash2 Dislay today because I can only monitor the engine live through the ECU software currently.

13943784-BE09-4D03-86EC-530FD3987237.jpg

CANBUS interface is a Bollocks - 6 hours at it today and I'm no further forward!