Tr7 V8 Fast Road/sprint/trackday Restoration Project.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Yeah, that makes sense! I just didn't see it coming after the amount of effort and time you've put into it.

Glad to hear you're getting good interest in it. What sort of 911 are you after?

Reactions: IL

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I can see the reasoning to separate yourself from it but would you not be tempted to at least keep it for a while to get some enjoyment out of it?

Beautiful creation though, I'm sure there is plenty of interest in it. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Thanks folks, i'll not be giving it away! if it doesn't add up its going no where!

Bigger garage being built soon, so it could be put into the back of the garage until I build some more enthusiasm :grinning:

But now, my time needs to be spent with the family :grinning:

Last edited:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Can't believe you would sell it after all that work. But I guess if you didn't totally all in love with driving it then its no harm if its for the right money.

My problem is that I get too attached, after driving my S30 with the RB in it I knew I couldn't sell it, plus I couldn see it being worth it after all the work and obsessive planning put into it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Surely you've put more than a 911's worth into it by now?

Needs must and all that, if you don't want it any more then pass it on. Always did wonder if you could realistically run both this and the Midget as race cars, but you could keep this as a fun car if you wanted to.

Right time to sell, just a matter of finding the right buyer. Maybe put it up on one of the car auction sites?

Andy55

RMS Regular
Understand why but sad to see it up for sale after the amount of time and effort you've put into it. Easily one of the best builds on the forum.
Hopefully you get to enjoy it for a bit before it sells.

Good to see I'm not the only one having issues getting the tax class updated. I've been in the post office 3 times with my V5 trying to get it changed to historic. Each time they scan it and it errors on them.
Phoned the DVLA last night and they say all looks fine to them and can't see any reason that it shouldn't have gone through.
They told me to fill in the new tax class on the tax book as 'Historic', sign it and send it off with the insurance certificate and V112.

The only thing I can think of that might be making it fail is it has been without MOT for 2 years but the way it is worded it appears it requires either a valid mot OR V112.
Sent it all off today so the wait has started.

Just to update on this for anyone in the same boat. New V5C arrived in the post today with the taxation class updated to historic and a full years tax. Result!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
😎😜
3C83A8EF-1F80-43C2-9D6D-77BD2F04FD2D.jpeg
6B7F9923-056C-46D7-9AF2-D31DB843BC7B.jpeg

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Fred is winding you all up!

Its not away yet, i've had a fair bit of interest but no one has shown me the colour of their money!

Car is off to Blairs in Doagh to have a wee dent Repaired ! 🤣

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
So i had a few interested parties on this, but i was struggling to come to grips with parting with it after all the years of tinkering!

I think i was pissed the car got damaged while it was being tuned in wicklow, before i had put any miles on it myself - enthusiasm was low afterwards.

55126B75-EA0C-4CF0-9717-C9A02A51B868.jpeg

But Cracking Job & turnaround by Blairs, I think i'll look at this ornament abit longer - as ive unfinished business with it!!

FE3FDC3A-BC56-4394-970D-531F27503891.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Bumps and bruises happen, just get it fixed and move on. Looks like a great job there.

Keep it and enjoy it for now, even if just for the odd Sunday milk run or whatever, and use the others for racing.