S- 2000 pieces

AndyG

RMS Regular
If you do get one for the final drive from a Kia Sportage, that was my only complaint about mine, gears were a little long

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
I loved the engine, gearbox, looks and general quality feel of mine. The handling i felt was a bit lacking in feedback however I'm sure could be helped with a few mods :grinning:

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Good call on the S2000 for track duties.

I was chasing a few for quite some time. But the outlay for a track weapon and finding one worth buying made it not worth the hassle.

I ended up with an EP3 which is very slowly being turned into a track car. The logic being value for money, especially for something I'll be likely to bin on the first corner. It's cheap fun for me.

If the track bug really bites, I can see where the EP3 goes or whether I find the FWD a limitation or not.

That's my train of thought anyway.

dufunk

RMS Regular
S2k's are going to be worth a fortune in years to come esp when you consider Honda have gone down the turbo route and the fact its the only performance front engined rwd car Honda ever made. To good to track imo.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
S2000 is a perfect track car and if you watch the good old "drift king" videos you'll gain all the info you'll need. Sadly you won't pick up one cheap anymore, same as DC5 or DC2. Mine has never given any trouble and is driven hard! Before you'd track one (at least imo) you do need suspension, brake line, pad and ideally calliper upgrades! Sadly none of this is cheap, so best to find one already with this work done! Power wise the 220-230 they'll do is enough, best thing you can do on them is decent brakes, suspension and tires! Rest is up to driver! Common issues cylinder 4 on prefacelifts can be damaged, some reported diff issues, chain tensioners go!

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
S2k's are going to be worth a fortune in years to come esp when you consider Honda have gone down the turbo route and the fact its the only performance front engined rwd car Honda ever made. To good to track imo.

Nothing is too good to track :p

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
This is an old video I first saw many years ago, but always enjoy watching it

used to love all those best motoring jap vids with them racing many different models..only reason back then I downloaded illegally....S2000 is something I would definitely consider..cant believe there is not a lot more about..what gen is best, 3?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
used to love all those best motoring jap vids with them racing many different models..only reason back then I downloaded illegally....S2000 is something I would definitely consider..cant believe there is not a lot more about..what gen is best, 3?

Like most cars they got improvements throughout their lifetime so yeah, if I was having one again I'd for as late a model as I could afford. I preferred the cosmetic changes on the facelift ones too.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
It's the drivers that wreck them and I couldn't afford another s2000 if I wipe mine out so I plan to get an ep3 or something for that! :worried:

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
people seem to think of you track a car it wrecks them

I would be one of them I think. Not a hope I'd regularly track my M3 or anything else I care for. Once in a blue moon maybe. I certainly wouldnt buy a car that was regularly tracked either.

I remember reading an article written by someone who would know about these things, and he said he wouldn't recommend track days for any road car that hasn't been prepared properly, because of the strains circuit driving would put on a car compared to the fasted of road driving.

civicglacier

RMS Regular
OP
civicglacier
Drives
F10 / ATR / S2k
Pretty much the same,. BMW I couldn't track as it has no power and is my daily means of transport to work,.and the ATR is too good to track so want something that if I bin I wouldn't be totally raging.
Those videos, with the sound make you fell like you're in a racing car. Just raw.

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
S2k is one of the best track cars out of the box you can buy no matter what the Honda haters say,it's clearly something your thinking about. As for these stupid too good to track rubbish, it's a lot safer than most of the B roads we have. If you have the funds for one buy it and enjoy it you'll not regret it.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Definetly go for it , these seem quick on track albeit with a tendency to swap ends in standard form ! so focus on stiffer bushings ,suspenders , and brakes . then it'll be ' good enough ' to track .

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
I would be one of them I think. Not a hope I'd regularly track my M3 or anything else I care for. Once in a blue moon maybe. I certainly wouldnt buy a car that was regularly tracked either.

I remember reading an article written by someone who would know about these things, and he said he wouldn't recommend track days for any road car that hasn't been prepared properly, because of the strains circuit driving would put on a car compared to the fasted of road driving.
I'd say most trackday m3's are a lot better looked after and cared for than a lot of the **** advertised as never wrecked or rallied and "mint" .Not for everyone but I think some people forget trackdays are for everyone,you don't have to try to be Colin McRae and it helps with driving control and confidence.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
I don't doubt it would be good for learning to control the car better and safely finding your own limits, whilst boosting your driving ability and confidence. But cars being hoofed round a race track as quickly as it will carry you is going to wear a car out more quickly than normal driving.

I'm guessing if you were in the market for a new car, and one came up for sale that you knew had been piled round Kirkistown every weekend for the last 18 months, that it wouldn't be a contender for new daily driver.

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
I absolutely loved the S2k on track! People kept telling me they are twitchy etc, lies, all lies, brilliant handling car out of the box, I took mine to the nurburgring, and it was definitely the most banter we ever had on a trip! Roof down, rwd, and the vtec soundtrack who can beat it! Get one bought!
37262_441221420718_5572629_n.jpg

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
Only ever seen them go round Kirkistown on road tyres, rear end grip is an issue. Would love to see one properly stripped out on slicks see what they are really capable of.

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
I don't doubt it would be good for learning to control the car better and safely finding your own limits, whilst boosting your driving ability and confidence. But cars being hoofed round a race track as quickly as it will carry you is going to wear a car out more quickly than normal driving.

I'm guessing if you were in the market for a new car, and one came up for sale that you knew had been piled round Kirkistown every weekend for the last 18 months, that it wouldn't be a contender for new daily driver.
If it was maintained and looked after I would haha I get what you mean but in general I've found the guys who track there motors look after them a lot better than the clowns advertising cars as mint as they have usually seen the limiter and more road ends than a whores tits

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
that guy at the ring ^^ could steer.... top marks

i had one (road only) back in 2006... i enjoyed it, lovely soundtrack, really well built... i did do a 360 once (VERY Lucky) but i was being a maggot, off camber, 3rd gear vtech in... and off we went.... somehow didn't hit anything !!