Track skills on 7th April

Tremendous B

RMS Member
Drives
Clio
Any of you guys know who was driving the blue E39 M5? Member on here?
Seen him in full flight ...the poor bugger. It was a heavy impact, we spun out at colonial just ahead of him and seen him mid air as we were (well) in mid spin.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Seen him in full flight ...the poor bugger. It was a heavy impact, we spun out at colonial just ahead of him and seen him mid air as we were (well) in mid spin.
What?'?

What time was this? All OK? I left just after 4

Reactions: IL

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
No a standard 599, he only did one session and went home due to, in his own words, crap brakes. I was talking to him before he went out and neither of us expected Ferrari carbon brakes to be an issue!!!
Carbon brakes are **** on track. A buddy of mine had them on a Porsche and changed them to steel for trackdays.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS

Yep, Sore looking, reported to have rolled twice after running wide at Debtors.

I just saw it getting recovered from the in field.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra

Jesus I must have been seconds ahead of that, was out in the same session and saw a white Clio off the track but didn't see the M5!

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Hope he's ok (y) Going off at Debtors is never good news... One of the old runways runs across the track either side there. Loads of broken concrete under the grass to catch and roll a car, plus stone walls either side...

It's very very rare to see big accidents on a trackday. The ones I've seen have been at debtors, apart from one at the end of the main straight before the run-off area there was paved. In fact, that got paved following that accident.

Tremendous B

RMS Member
Drives
Clio
What?'?

What time was this? All OK? I left just after 4
It was closer to 4.30 - 5 ... but not that long. After our own braking experience and seeing that incident we thought it best to call it a day at that stage too. I heard there were ok.... I’d say they are feeling it today though.

Tremendous B

RMS Member
Drives
Clio
Jesus I must have been seconds ahead of that, was out in the same session and saw a white Clio off the track but didn't see the M5!
That was us in the clio🤗 . ZERO brakes (I mean nothing) after taking debters at 110+. Gulp!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Unreal...

Some chap has a big accident and his pride and joy is destroyed, and the first thing people think to do is take a friggin' video and blast it all over "social media"???

Does nobody have even an inkling of respect left these days?

Tremendous B

RMS Member
Drives
Clio
I think its best keeping it off the forum, some guy has had an accident, has walked away un-injured. Best let him have a bit of pride left.

I’m gutted for him, I was having a look around it, and pre-accident I think it was a really tidy car.
It was a smashing looking car (no pun intended). Really feel sorry for the poor fella too and having spent a little time getting to meet the Armco myself in the past (although nowhere near as bad) I can appreciate how sad and lucky he must be feeling.
He’s very lucky he can dust himself off and move on after such a big bang. Still, I’d love to see it again - because it was unbelievable and just to see when it started, what hit 1st and how quickly it all went so horribly wrong.
Unreal...

Some chap has a big accident and his pride and joy is destroyed, and the first thing people think to do is take a friggin' video and blast it all over "social media"???

I think if you saw it you’d be gobsmakked by the severity of it. I feel for the guy ... but everybody looks at this Nurburgring videos ... everybody. So what? Is it okay to watch them because the people in them are anonymous to us?
Unreal...

Ah here! Hold on.... If someone was hurt in that accident, I couldn’t agree more - sharing it would be entirely inappropriate.
I’m sure the guys pride has taken a serious dent (not to mention his pocket) but I think you are being terribly pious about it.
It was a spectacular crash - jaw dropping even.
If someone doesn’t wants their adventures and/or misadventures published - there are 2 little screws at the front and the rear of every car to remove your number plates. We are all chatting about it- people have already mentioned the owner/driver’s name. It’s ridiculous to suggest that we are all interested enough to discuss it ... but don’t want to see it ...out of respect.

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
need new tyres so didn't get down on Sunday from the photo's looks like a missed a good day with some nice looking cars ..

harsh to hear someones car was wrecked, atleast the guy is ok tho!

was it just a misjudgement going through the corner ?

most people will be wanting to see the video just to see crash, in my opinion though it would be a good video to see of what went wrong, and how others can improve from it ...

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Hope he's ok (y) Going off at Debtors is never good news... One of the old runways runs across the track either side there. Loads of broken concrete under the grass to catch and roll a car, plus stone walls either side...

It's very very rare to see big accidents on a trackday. The ones I've seen have been at debtors, apart from one at the end of the main straight before the run-off area there was paved. In fact, that got paved following that accident.

agree....... i had the 'pleasure' of being pushed wide through deptors (racing) back in 2008, and i went a LONG way to the left, there are barriers hidden beneath thick grass and all sorts !! thankfully i missed everything and made it out to play again later :grinning:

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
i should have the rest of all the photos up tonight..but heres a few
https://www.facebook.com/thornpics/media_set?set=a.10158491368779968&type=3

56718492_10158491369499968_3524449600456884224_o.jpg

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
Fair play for getting it stopped, I've invested in some Ferrodo DS1.11 to fit for next month, hoping it makes a big difference as the standard Brembo pads definitely let go pretty quick!
Some people run out of brakes because they've boiled the brake fluid rather than having run out of pads. Always use a brake fluid with a high boiling point when on track, something from Motul, AP Racing or Pagid.