track sl@g

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Hi Guys,

since selling the street triple, been looking at multiple bikes.... some cheap, some silly expensive.... I had been torturing myself with a 2015> aprilia Tuono Factory 1100 V4, but the one bike do it all thing i just struggled with taking it on track.. not just for fear of falling off... but also just strapping it to a trailer or van etc.

so, landed from Vegas yesterday morning....... needed to stay awake all day to get into timezone... so went and view a K2 GSXR750..... and bought !

tank needs painted... so will just paint it all, hence the pic of the fairings etc all removed now its home.. it as K3 GSXR1000 forks/brakes... after market master cylinder and an exhaust system... other than that seems std.

figured i could enjoy this more... and not be bothered about it on track... will try to get a couple of UK track days in and a couple here too... would be tempted with Spain or Spa too.

will probably pick up a street bike too..... i likely will use it very little, but just nice to have something in the garage !

Attachments

• track 750.jpg
    track 750.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 250

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
a lot of folk rate the 750 as the best of the range. fast enough to enjoy without revving its tits of or the thou trying to kill you.

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
They are basically a good going 600

I’ve had 600s, 750 and 1000s in the past..... but been out of Bikes for a good while..... the modern bikes are insane (and great) loafed with electronics etc. This is just a simple motorcycle.... prob 120 at the wheel with zero aids. Should be a bit of old school fun

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
I loved every one of my gixers, they're the best balanced bikes I've ever owned.
They respond so well to a TRE, power commander, k&n and a decent can, makes a 750 well capable against a lot of litre bikes out there.

Last edited:

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
I'll just be out there to ride around at my own pace.... i have history on 2 wheels that i'd rather not repeat !!

this thing has the TRE mod/box, and a can (or exhaust) and K&N. it shoudl go ok.... amazing these old K series are now 17 years old !!

years ago i had a k1 600, K2 750, K4 1000 & K5 1000 and a few other types of bike inbetween..... but i do have a soft spot for my gixers !!

Last edited:

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
So my mate took the track slag..... and genuinely transformed her!!!! Absolutely blown away by this old cheapo track slag... looks a millions dollars now!!

A6B8BD4A-61C8-4841-A783-764E0BA58F14.jpeg

D8BDFD74-5919-4EA3-8B98-2F9055B88DCE.jpeg

Absolutely amazing what tlc, paint, graphics... and a bit of ability can do! Can’t wait to get his out...

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
You must have some time on your hands to use all these toys 😜

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Lol, I put it down to stupidity Paul..... 3 years of no racing.... Stubbornness, and retail therapy to offset a fecked back!

In reality I suspect if I get 2-3 track days a year on this will be it.... But I'd rather do that than ride on the roads 👍

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
So my mate took the track slag..... and genuinely transformed her!!!! Absolutely blown away by this old cheapo track slag... looks a millions dollars now!!

View attachment 234799

View attachment 234800

Absolutely amazing what tlc, paint, graphics... and a bit of ability can do! Can’t wait to get his out...

That looks unreal! I’ve all my fairings and tank off mine at the minute and was going to get them painted but then was quoted near what I paid for the bike so may do it myself now lol. Is that nardo grey as that’s what I was going to go with!

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
St focus stealth grey.

It totally transformed the bike..... Genuinely shocked.

Looks great (until my fat ass & absolutely battered leathers get on it)!!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Looks great! If you get an ACU?? license can you start tracking bikes straight away, only on the track? or do you need a full road bike license also? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
you don't need any license for normal track days (that i am aware of) for some race practice days (most) you will need a race licence.