Trackskills at Kirkistown, March 2015 Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
i just came down and watched! Didnt see your post about maybe blagging a few passenger laps :worried: i must have came too late.. 1ish?? I didnt see no ferrari, i seen some wee fiestas pottering about haha, mind that still looked fun lol

The Ferrari was there most of the day. You probably just happened to catch the "Newbie" session in the morning, all the Fiestas were in that one :p

Mind you, those Fiestas looked like great fun, and some of them driven much quicker than they had any right to be.

The winner of any trackday is the driver with the biggest smile, and I would say they would be right up there :cool:

The wee fiestas are great fun to drive and are pretty much as good on the corners as anything else :grinning: not bad for a car that cost a few hundred quid.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Yeah was funny to hear them coming onto the straight giving them the beans, all the gear changes within a second of each other haha

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
That was on a dyno dynamics so the figure should be realistic and it's making a nice torque curve right from just after 4k until the limiter

The car should be a bit under a tonne so its plenty to keep me happy and as you know NA is usually hassle free for the track

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Very true, that skyline you had briefly was a prime example, you didnt have much joy with it.

Your right, it was a really good car on the track and I enjoyed it but I was getting boost creep and kept blowing boost pipes off that was all.. By the time I got it all sorted I was looking at Hondas again for the track and was close to building an M3

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Lol, the car locked the rear wheels under braking before fishermans and spun the car 180 before I had a chance to do anything. This was the rear end braking problems I was having and I was able to make it slightly better for the 2nd run but still very un stable

Nice smooth lines as usual in the M3 (y)

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Here is a quick video I took yesterday with my phone mounted and using the Harrys Lap timer app, I was using the front facing camera so the quality isnt great. GPS lap time was 1.05.89

By god that yoke can shift :grinning:

Whats the pros about the dc2 over the civic apart from the extra power :grinning:

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Whos for the next track day men? Jagged and StephenDC2.. Time we got a run out together again :grinning:

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Whos for the next track day men? Jagged and StephenDC2.. Time we got a run out together again :grinning:

I have MOT for the DC2 in April so I will have to give it a miss until the next one in May, have new tyres and brakes to buy as well. Look forward to getting a run out after that

By god that yoke can shift :grinning:

Whats the pros about the dc2 over the civic apart from the extra power :grinning:

No real Pros tbh Tony, they are similar handling wise although the civic was a bit more stable at the rear so easier to chuck in. Ive had 4 DC2's and always liked the feel and look of an Integra so after I sold the skyline I went and bought this one. The car wasn't much quicker in a straight line than the civic which is why I did the 2L conversion

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.