Trackskills at Kirkistown, March 2015 Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
only did one run while I was there

IMG_9519 copy.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Perfect day, perfect track, one of the best selections of well prepared cars I have seen in a long time :grinning:

And yes, wee Princess was having a ball too. Just need better tyres now.

Great day :cool:

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
Perfect day, perfect track, one of the best selections of well prepared cars I have seen in a long time :grinning:

And yes, wee Princess was having a ball too. Just need better tyres now.

Great day :cool:
was indeed a great day. looked like we were shaping up for some battles in the afternoon but clutch decided otherwise. wish ours was self healing like yours!

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
The weather certainly brings out some nice machinery at Kirkistown!

I had a few handling issues with the Integra on the first session out and after making a few changes it was a bit better behaved, Had a good run with the rapid M3 and the DC5 which was also lapping well

I think everyone would dream about owning a race car like the Ferarri down today

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
The weather certainly brings out some nice machinery at Kirkistown!

I had a few handling issues with the Integra on the first session out and after making a few changes it was a bit better behaved, Had a good run with the rapid M3 and the DC5 which was also lapping well

I think everyone would dream about owning a race car like the Ferarri down today
Yep was a good run I had with you in the M3, had under steer problems today ended up with a shredded front left. Driven very well and very quick car. Was perfect conditions and great day.

Reactions: V8

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Yep was a good run I had with you in the M3, had under steer problems today ended up with a shredded front left. Driven very well and very quick car. Was perfect conditions and great day.

It didn't seem to hold you up too much anyway but I could tell that you would have normally been quicker through the corners

I would like to eventually try a set of slicks on the car but because I drive the car down I'm limited to road legal tyres, I was running a wider tyre on the front with a better compound and the car was very nervous under braking and initial turn in. I will try better rear tyres next time

Main thing was we made it home in one piece with no major issues!

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
It didn't seem to hold you up too much anyway but I could tell that you would have normally been quicker through the corners

I would like to eventually try a set of slicks on the car but because I drive the car down I'm limited to road legal tyres, I was running a wider tyre on the front with a better compound and the car was very nervous under braking and initial turn in. I will try better rear tyres next time

Main thing was we made it home in one piece with no major issues!

That's the main thing, all safe home and a good days driving, yes it was v nervous under braking lol seemed to have tons of front end grip though, we had to man handle the M round today but still good crack. Here's the front left at the end of the day, have go pro and photos from the camera to upload later onView attachment 80061

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
was indeed a great day. looked like we were shaping up for some battles in the afternoon but clutch decided otherwise. wish ours was self healing like yours!

Still cannot believe how quick that old MR2 is on your hands, well done :grinning:

I thought you were just teasing, pulling over and then passing again, lol - I blame Pete the Elephant in the passenger seat :p Sorry to hear about the broken clutch, just how it goes sometimes.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
i just came down and watched! Didnt see your post about maybe blagging a few passenger laps :worried: i must have came too late.. 1ish?? I didnt see no ferrari, i seen some wee fiestas pottering about haha, mind that still looked fun lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The Ferrari was there most of the day. You probably just happened to catch the "Newbie" session in the morning, all the Fiestas were in that one :p

Mind you, those Fiestas looked like great fun, and some of them driven much quicker than they had any right to be.

The winner of any trackday is the driver with the biggest smile, and I would say they would be right up there :cool:

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
gutted, whens the next one?? what colour was your elise? seen a couple, one with decals and then a yellow one with a really nice rear diffuser

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Really lovely note from it. :grinning: When i left i was driving back towards ards and was gonna stop at the wee garage not far from the track and my gf spotted your car again! Said to her i wish i hada stopped in so i coulda had a wee nosey lol

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Nice video Stephen driven very well, I've gopro footage of me and jagged to go up including our run, must try and get them up asap.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Cheers, there is plenty of room for improvement in my driving but a lot of fun learning the limits of the car at the same time. I only built and fitted the engine to the car over winter and that was the first time out so I was happy to have no mechanical issues

Ah good man I look forward to seeing some of your footage

Reactions: V8
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.