Trackskills at Kirkistown.

V8

RMS Regular
Hi Folks,

This is an update on the current situation at Kirkistown.

Right now there is no activity at all allowed at the circuit.

This may change slightly this incoming week. By slightly, I mean that there may be some very limited testing allowed. The race scheduled for Saturday 24th has been postponed.

Our track day this Sunday is not permitted to go ahead.

The following is a graphic issued by SportNI and the Department of Communities.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 15.40.42.png

As you can see, we may (should) go into Phase 2, sub-step :innocent: this Monday 12th. That should allow very limited testing. The 15 adults includes every single person on the site.

I would expect that we would have to be at the sub-step (b) stage before we, as Trackskills, might be allowed to operate.

Consequently, I am unable to give a probably date for our return to action but I am optimistic that our May date will happen.

Cheers!

Donal.

neil-c

RMS Regular
So I missed the email about tomorrow's event and therefore didn't have time to get the car ready due to work commitments. Will definitely be out in May though

Any RMSers making it tomorrow?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
So I missed the email about tomorrow's event and therefore didn't have time to get the car ready due to work commitments. Will definitely be out in May though

Any RMSers making it tomorrow?

Yeah I’ll be there in the Clio. 🤞

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Well this will be lovely to see tomorrow, I'll be there in the Subaru, never got much done but it will have to do.
Give me a shout to the garage mate I’ve to plug this in to the electric mains to get the oil up to temperature before we start it. Hassle but I’m sure it will be worth it lol

AJWALL

RMS Member
First track day in a long time and first in the VX, very enjoyable. Great photos Steve.
Shane a Check engine light brought me home a bit earlier than planned

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
Yea was a great day out. Weather was amazing and we'll run as always. Some absolute weapons on track, the Subaru went not too bad, still trying to crack that 1.06 mark 🤪 loads of laps done each session and a good few battles.
Oh and thanks to James in the yellow Evo for a lend of his laptop to download software to allow me to adjust my fueling lol