Trackskills at Kirkistown.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Yes, great craic today!! And nice getting a chat to afew!!

Mazda done me proud although last session I think the rear wheel bearing started grumbling a little.. and I lost a wheel center but all good after a days abuse lol!!

Look forward to the next one!! 👍🏻👍🏻

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
pics up later.....
but by far my favourite wagon there today

Attachments

• IMG_7907.JPG
    IMG_7907.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 117

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Just checked Harrys Lap timer and the Swift was managing 1.17's. No idea if that's good or not but it was fun :laughing:

Thoroughly enjoyable day and great to meet a few new faces, hope to catch you all again soon.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
@thornracing never thought I’d ever see a Transporter on the track, never mind one with a Golf R engine in it!

That's just awesome, brilliant, superb, fantastic :cool: Would love to hear the full story behind it!

It's usually the van in front of the trailer, not on it :innocent:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
That's just awesome, brilliant, superb, fantastic :cool: Would love to hear the full story behind it!

It's usually the van in front of the trailer, not on it :innocent:
Not sure if he’s on here, can’t remember what he said now lol.

factory fitted 2ltr tsi turbo, bits done to it and putting out over 300bhp. Blistein coilovers, H&R anti roll bars and probably other bits I’ve forgot. The thing shifts on so well for its size and is hilarious to watch in the corners, stays unbelievably level for its size, probably flatter than the Mazda.

speaking of which I now want Anti Roll bars 😂

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Good day was had as usual. Im sure I the had the atom into the 60 secs today. Set Harry’s lap timer with a big passenger an had a 61.77. Can’t even remember if we had a Clear lap

Onboard Thanks to Steve 😎

View attachment 328113

That things an animal mate 😂, passes everything like they are stopped. Tho I’ve been in with you at Nutts corner in your E30 for a run and you aren’t wise either, in a good way lol.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Brilliant to meet a few new lads from here

@acsmyth the Evo was an animal, thanks again for the fuel top up 😅 I'll be bringing a tanker with me next time ffs

@althebass had a few laps where I was keeping up and impressed myself with how well the 328i can move.

Slicks from @evo98 made an insane difference from October on road tyres, I was doing roughly 1.15s going off the others doing similar and managed 1.10.1 today 😁

All in all a brilliant days craic, shared the car with a mate and we managed 8 sessions between us before the brakes and passenger front got fed up with the abuse, car really took a beating.

Fresh oil and fluids will be going in this week as well as new pads andbraided lines
Screenshot_20210704-214524_TrackAddict.jpg
IMG-20210704-WA0053.jpg
IMG-20210704-WA0055.jpg
IMG-20210704-WA0013.jpg

neil-c

RMS Regular
Gavin's van was certainly the talk of the day. I think his best lap was 1.16 something and that's with his traction control coming on hard in every corner and bogging down his power. At the moment he's chatting about doing a few tweaks and bringing it back again! lol.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Gavin's van was certainly the talk of the day. I think his best lap was 1.16 something and that's with his traction control coming on hard in every corner and bogging down his power. At the moment he's chatting about doing a few tweaks and bringing it back again! lol.

Is Gavin on here do you know...would love to pick his brains sometime!