RoniN

RMS Regular
When's the next one

Cheers

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Considering the interest recently in this thread with Gavin and his van at Kirkistown I thought I'd post this in here too for anyone who wanted to hear more about it.

On EP041 we sit down with Gavin Black of @Blackline Performance to talk about how he built up the business from working on a driveway to having a 5100 sq ft shop.

We're also talking about his odd car history, what it took to bag his VW Crafter and what it's like doing a track day in his 300hp T6 VW Transporter.

Spotify

SoundCloud

Apple Podcasts

Google Podcasts

I have to say, the van goes so well. It's makes sounds and pulls like no van should and it really throws your senses at the start but the most noticeable thing is how planted it feels on corners and roundabouts.

It'll be interesting to see how far it can be pushed both engine and chassis wise considering it's still always going to be a van weighing almost 2 ton.

Next time he's out I'll 100% be taking a run down to see it.

Connor

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Anyone heading to Kirkistown this Sunday? I’ll be there in the Clio.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's all open again as normal.

Just pre-booking still for drivers, but to be honest that's really handy and useful.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Still waiting for brake pads I ordered in October 😂

Maybe next month.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Yup as above - Tyre Town have a load in stock - I got some from them on Monday. They're in the middle of the town and due to the 1 way system it can be a bit of a nightmare (Google maps got totally confused for me!)

Also if anyone is looking 15" track day tyres I've some in the classifieds (shameless plug!)

Zach57

RMS Regular
Still waiting for brake pads I ordered in October 😂

Maybe next month.
Oh dear, Where did you order them ? Theres a place in campsie do EBC (I think) pads. If they have them I could pick them up and fit them on Sunday

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Hopefully get down next month in the Golf R, bit more power than the MX5!!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Oh dear, Where did you order them ? Theres a place in campsie do EBC (I think) pads. If they have them I could pick them up and fit them on Sunday

Carbone Lorraine but for some reason they’ve had to make mine from scratch which is taking an age. Hopefully get more than one track day out of them lol

Thanks for the kind offer also zach, but will just wait for these and get to a later track day

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Careful what services you offer 🙈😅

I'd actually considered driving down to the next day I go to on road tyres and discs/pads then swap over to the more aggressive discs/pads and wheel tyre combo then swap back at the end of the day.

Might just buy a trailer instead 😂

Zach57

RMS Regular
Careful what services you offer 🙈😅

I'd actually considered driving down to the next day I go to on road tyres and discs/pads then swap over to the more aggressive discs/pads and wheel tyre combo then swap back at the end of the day.

Might just buy a trailer instead 😂
Anything for you Rick 😂

If you have another set of hubs and callipers that would be great, we could do a LeMans style brake change 😂