Trackskills Track Day on Sunday 16th August 2020

V8

RMS Regular
The two track days we have had since the easing of restrictions and resumption of events at Kirkistown this year have totally sold out. Whether this is because of people getting stir crazy during lock-down or just the lack of other things available to do, we do not know. What we do know is that our next event is currently 5 weeks away, on Sunday 16th August, and we are already one third full!

Our online booking page is Track Skills - Providing Track Days for cars at Kirkistown Race Circuit in Northern Ireland - Driver Coaching.

Cars already booked include:
• Various Locaterfields
• Various Honda Civics
• Ford Puma
• BMW E46
• Ginetta G4
• Lotus Elise
• Various Renault Clios
• Subaru Impreza
• Mazda RX8
• Ford Ka 1.6
• Renault Megane 225
• Ariel Atom
• VW Golf R

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
Do you know if spectators are allowed at this one?
Unfortunately, until we are told otherwise, the instructions from the owners of Kirkistown, the 500MRCI Ltd., are that it must be a closed gate event.

warren

RMS Photographer
Dang, I very much enjoy a spin up when Track Skills is on!

Reactions: V8

JT079

RMS Regular
really want to go, but not technically road legal yet, enjoy guys.

warren

RMS Photographer
Too terrified to try it in the Boxster and Im not sure my estate octavia would be that fun.... but I have seen photos of more obsqure things than that out there lol

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
A friend and i were planning to enter a car between us and do a few sessions each. Would this be allowed?

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
Todays photos are up on my facebook
117769363_10160257707549968_7598374719145992081_o.jpg
h

Last edited:

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
was a great day, i have truely fooked my brakes, warped disk and all so big brake kit needed asap. i put slicks on at the end and it transformed the subaru. Had great fun against the Red Evo fQ, the ariel and m3's etc. Red M3 is supurb on the brakes and corners. R8 was going well on track, was nice to follow for a short period.
get the pics up lad, im not on facebook and i dont think link is working?

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
@StephenDc2 in the e92 and mark at elite in the R8 I heard had a great run today.
Gutted I missed this one

Was good fun on Track yesterday Shannon and nice to see something different out ! on the 1 session the cars were out together the M3 and R8 were a good match but we were both held up behind the Ariel Atom on the corners surprisingly but I assumed it was their 1st time out getting used to it

was a great day, i have truely fooked my brakes, warped disk and all so big brake kit needed asap. i put slicks on at the end and it transformed the subaru. Had great fun against the Red Evo fQ, the ariel and m3's etc. Red M3 is supurb on the brakes and corners. R8 was going well on track, was nice to follow for a short period.

get the pics up lad, im not on facebook and i dont think link is working?

Did your car have gold wheels on at the start? It was a Good going car and took a bit more corner speed for the M3 to get past.. you will laugh but in the M3 I use 3rd gear for the whole bottom section then change up to 4th on both straights then back down to 3rd for the hairpin. It's that long geared your not working it too hard up and down the gears but not a bad thing

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
just checked harrys laptimer, best lap was 1.08.72. more to be had when i fit bigger brakes and sort my fuel surge issue with a swirl pot setup for Colonial 1 into 2 and also hairpin. not too bad for a standard old subaru engine and small crappy standard turbo.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
Was good fun on Track yesterday Shannon and nice to see something different out ! on the 1 session the cars were out together the M3 and R8 were a good match but we were both held up behind the Ariel Atom on the corners surprisingly but I assumed it was their 1st time out getting used to it

no he had big issues with the new tyres not scrubbing off the coating, started getting faster throughout the day. on the second sessions i was pushing him through the corners and on the straights staying with him so i knew somehthing wasnt right with him when he let me past after a couple of laps.

Did your car have gold wheels on at the start? It was a Good going car and took a bit more corner speed for the M3 to get past.. you will laugh but in the M3 I use 3rd gear for the whole bottom section then change up to 4th on both straights then back down to 3rd for the hairpin. It's that long geared your not working it too hard up and down the gears but not a bad thing
hi yes matey that was me running yoko ad08s which died along with my brakes.are you the red m3 with the slicks? put the slicks on myself and it was great but the brakes were fooked so bad by then, both hard braking areas the car was shaking bad. i use 3 coming out of colonial 2 all the way to after the chicane, stays around 5k-7k revs.

im enjoying the incremental modificians approach - do a trackday, find what is now holding back and make that purchase before the next sessions. this next one will definatly be the swirl pot and brakes, behind me you must have saw how it held back coming out of colonial and hairpin then suddenly got fuel again. (which is not good starving a subaru engine of fuel). AFR's were around 11.2 all rev ranges so the work ive done on the ecu is good. oil temps 100-110c and pressure always good around 4bar.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
hi yes matey that was me running yoko ad08s which died along with my brakes.are you the red m3 with the slicks? put the slicks on myself and it was great but the brakes were fooked so bad by then, both hard braking areas the car was shaking bad. i use 3 coming out of colonial 2 all the way to after the chicane, stays around 5k-7k revs.

im enjoying the incremental modificians approach - do a trackday, find what is now holding back and make that purchase before the next sessions. this next one will definatly be the swirl pot and brakes, behind me you must have saw how it held back coming out of colonial and hairpin then suddenly got fuel again. (which is not good starving a subaru engine of fuel). AFR's were around 11.2 all rev ranges so the work ive done on the ecu is good. oil temps 100-110c and pressure always good around 4bar.

The Yoko AD08 are Good tyre and its shifting on rightly, yes I own the red M3.. I use slicks mainly because they are cheaper than the road legal tyres but the slicks have now done 3 trackdays since I bought them used so the A052's actually had more rear end grip on the 1st session I used them yesterday... the rear Yokohamas are 295 compared to the 265 slicks but they still work well

You have the right idea taking the car out, finding what needs improved then working on that and you will see your lap times reducing as you upgrade but its all a bit of good crack and a 1:08 is a very respectable time on a trackday