• VW Golf R
• Citroen C2 Code
• Hyundai i30N
• Various MX5s
• Radical
• Atom 4

andy9201

RMS Regular
Booked into this for Sunday with the mk3 mx5. First ever trackday. any tips, tricks or essential kit you would recommend?

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Booked the mr2 in for our last of season before hopefully some big changes over winter.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I am going to try and make this Sunday. Just waiting on the brake fluid and braided lines arriving…held up due to the RM/PF strikes.

Zach57

RMS Regular
I had it in my this was next week, I hope to make it in the Clio but there’s a fairly big to do list on it.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
90C2BA94-65C2-4251-B2EA-D6F4A43A8E50.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
What is the cost involved initially for trackskills? Entry payment and requirements?

Could I just pay and turn up? I have no personal track experience bar karting and a couple track days in race cars

Would be considering this for 2023 in the S3 so would factor in tyres/brakes/extra servicing etc...

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
What is the cost involved initially for trackskills? Entry payment and requirements?

Could I just pay and turn up? I have no personal track experience bar karting and a couple track days in race cars

Would be considering this for 2023 in the S3 so would factor in tyres/brakes/extra servicing etc...
£145 for the day, all you need is a helmet. Bar that just tyres and expect to use alot of brake pads.

Thing is if you want o just back it off that 5% it will make your parts last alot longer if you want to keep the budget down.

edit: Should probably factor in a few oil changes as well to be on the safe side

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
£145 for the day, all you need is a helmet. Bar that just tyres and expect to use alot of brake pads.

Thing is if you want o just back it off that 5% it will make your parts last alot longer if you want to keep the budget down.

edit: Should probably factor in a few oil changes as well to be on the safe side

Sweet - I wouldn't be going flat out until I'm confident racing people alongside me in my own car - different in a kart :joy:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Long slieve top and trousers plus you need a lesson on the first day to see the track. Great craic, I absolutely love getting down there for the day and thinking about nothing other than pedalling the Suzuki. Mondello is also absolutely brilliant fun.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Hoping to finally make this in October. Brake pad wise, will I actually need to change pads on the day or is that if its getting the full send? I'm sure I'll be reasonably cautious on the first one, and wouldn't fancy changing pads in a whim 😂

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Hoping to finally make this in October. Brake pad wise, will I actually need to change pads on the day or is that if its getting the full send? I'm sure I'll be reasonably cautious on the first one, and wouldn't fancy changing pads in a whim 😂

Depends on the pad and how hard you brake. A mate went through a set of new pads in 3 sessions in his M3 😂🙈

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Stick new pads in, bring the old ones just in case. Unless the pads in it are like new.