Trackskills Track Day Sunday 19th April - Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Tony glued to the back of that Ferrari was some sight :grinning:

@jagged needs to get his geo sorted, that trio lapping together would be awesome, lol :cool:

I loved being behind that wagon an was closer to him than im sure he would have liked a couple of times :grinning:. Wasnt every day you got a chance to chase a racing prancing horse so i tried to make the most off it while trying to remain a safe distance from such a machine! ( my god imagine something happened) lol

I should have a couple of good videos i must stick them up once i get a chance, havnt even watched them yet myself

My car was mis firing when warm yesterday so we are putting it down to coil packs

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I loved being behind that wagon an was closer to him than im sure he would have liked a couple of times :grinning:. Wasnt every day you got a chance to chase a racing prancing horse so i tried to make the most off it while trying to remain a safe distance from such a machine! ( my god imagine something happened) lol

I should have a couple of good videos i must stick them up once i get a chance, havnt even watched them yet myself

My car was mis firing when warm yesterday so we are putting it down to coil packs

Was close at one point when he spun out in front of you :p Bonda was sounding great and going really well most of the time.

ph11mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
SQ7/ftype v8
would love to hear that ferrari giving a few revs, the track car sounds great

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Hi all, had a great time on Sunday...right up until I got a mouth full of tyre wall. Enjoyed chatting to so many people. Great Craic.
In case anyone wants to know what Kirkistown feels like in the mini - here is the link:

That looks really good! What camera are you using? How do you get the GPS data up on it?

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
Many thanks.. I'm a devil for the detail. My wife says I suffer from OCD (obsessive car disorder). Been busy with work since the w/e and havn't had the chance to think about getting it fixed yet...but hope to have it back in shape and fighting form soon.

Re Harry's App - yep, it's recorded from the iPhone. There are a few versions - the one I have is laptimer petrol head. Cost €20. There is a cheaper one - but it won't record video. There's also a more expensive one too costing €27 and you can shoot with multi cameras like the GoPro to get picture in picture footage like the pros have.
It's clever stuff - far too clever for me as I still can't figure it out. Oh, Harry's apps are also available for android devices.

Last Sunday was only my 4th visit to Kirkistown and I have to say - I just love the atmosphere ... You really are a great bunch.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Gutted to see the Mini battered and bruised, I know it'll be back though, fast little bugger!

@svensktoppen here's a vid of the Princess and the Frog from my 3rd session, no contest, but fun trying to hang on for a while lmao Pesky Hondus :grinning:
My miss fire is down to a fauly oxygen sensor.....maybe, probably, soon see :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Awesome, I always bottle it round debtors and through the chicane, lol. That was one of the best sessions of the day, enjoyed that :grinning:

Wee Princess is a lot quicker than me, for sure! :innocent: :p

Have plenty of videos this time, with sound and all, but not had time to sort it out yet...

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I agree :grinning:!!!!!... Except I'm hauling around a 1400kg accord with it... I knew my eyes and ears weren't deceiving me!... That's a smashing setup!.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Glen you have made me extremely happy with your post :grinning: trouble is everyone is going to think it was my mother who wrote it ;)
(y)

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Have plenty of videos this time, with sound and all, but not had time to sort it out yet...[/QUOTE]

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.