Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

V8

RMS Regular
Hi Folks,

Our second track day of the year is this Sunday. Interest is good. Cars booked so far include;

• Various Honda Civics
• Ford Focus RS
• Honda Integra
• Nissan 350Z
• Subaru Impreza
• Various Mazda MX5s
• Clio
• Vauxhall Corsa
• Volvo 360T
• Golf GTi
• Mini
• Ford Focus ST

If you are thinking of participating, please let me know by email to donal@mulsanne.co.uk or book on line.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Just back from Trackskills, was my first one.

Have to say that it's incredibly well organised, all the rules are well explained and at no point did I feel pressured by other drivers.

Very good value for money as well for the amount of track time you get.

Will be back every month, cheers!

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Just back from Trackskills, was my first one.

Have to say that it's incredibly well organised, all the rules are well explained and at no point did I feel pressured by other drivers.

Very good value for money as well for the amount of track time you get.

Will be back every month, cheers!

And so it begins, upgrades, improvements, empty pockets, handing over first born, the list goes on ........ ;)

By all accounts you picked quite the day weather wise to be your first, can only get better from here (y)

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Haha all that began 5 years ago when I bought a 25 year old Japanese car, but yesterday definitely spurred me on to improve the Clio.

Weather was mad, 4 seasons in one day but by 3pm the track was drying out well. Didn't spoil the fun at all (y)

zafturbo

RMS Regular
How safely do other drivers pass you as I wouldn’t mind a run at this but with it being in my road car I wouldn’t want it damaged by anyone else .if I binned it that’s fine like lol.

Marc

RMS Moderator
How safely do other drivers pass you as I wouldn’t mind a run at this but with it being in my road car I wouldn’t want it damaged by anyone else .if I binned it that’s fine like lol.
It’s really safe, no passing allowed down the inside of a corner, and plenty of track if you keep an eye on your mirrors to let people past and others will let you past if your significantly quicker.

Trackskills have run the best track days I have been on, lots of track time, really fair marshals and generally very well run.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Agreed with above, I had the same concern at the back of my mind but its very safe.

No overtaking unless the car in front indicates and moves to the right of the track.

The only way you'll bin it is if you severely mess up a corner and spin off.

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
"How safely do other drivers pass you as I wouldn’t mind a run at this but with it being in my road car I wouldn’t want it damaged by anyone else .if I binned it that’s fine like lol."

We have very strict rules about overtaking. Track days are not races. I don't wish to tempt fate so I will just say that in 18 years, we have had minimal car-to-car contact. Generally, our participants look out for each other.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.