Trackskills Track Day This Sunday 19th At Kirkistown.

Les Graham

RMS Regular
All good from me in the Clio. Big spill but the cage held perfect.
Reinforces need for cages, bounced out and walked away.
All in all,
New drive box, 1x rear arm, 1x exhaust and a re-shell and we're back in business...
Re-shell handy enough (Autograss spec)
Diff threw out its oil and locked up (like pulling handbrake at 100 +)
Good while it lasted though...

MarkM

RMS Regular
All in all,
New drive box, 1x rear arm, 1x exhaust and a re-shell and we're back in business...

****, glad you’re ok 8o|
I have a shell here btw lol

Conor

RMS Regular
All in all,

I was right behind you when it happened, thought it had to have been a seized gearbox or engine the way you went off. Looked a nasty enough impact, glad you walked from it!

Great day out, some lovely stuff there.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
All my photos now up from today......ill also have a 360 onboard video with Cooper later tonight

60715388_10158609105024968_7240092075276894208_o.jpg

60359218_10158609103924968_7655084060368175104_o.jpg

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Glad to hear all is well 👍

All in all,

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Was a good day I was out testing in the grey s2000, early breaking to try dial in the bias but was good fun, seen the clio wreck was a brave bad one, serious bit of revving in paddock then I'm guessing one engine wasn't right alot of ticking but seemed an expressive wee motor. Aslong as everyone was ok that's main thing

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Great day out, and great company.. roll on the June date. Westfield survived intact although have a long list of teething problems to sort, but all in all a success. Some awesome motors there today, couldn’t believe the wee buggy, it was behind me and every corner I looked in the mirror it was in a complete 4 wheel drift, absolutely bonkers!!

Also great to meet @slickcell and chat kit cars all day lol!

Love this pic, would you have a high res version @thornracing ?

D672136F-A5CB-4ED5-AA4D-AE23E4943316.jpeg

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Great day out, and great company.. roll on the June date. Westfield survived intact although have a long list of teething problems to sort, but all in all a success. Some awesome motors there today, couldn’t believe the wee buggy, it was behind me and every corner I looked in the mirror it was in a complete 4 wheel drift, absolutely bonkers!!

Also great to meet @slickcell and chat kit cars all day lol!

Love this pic, would you have a high res version @thornracing ?

View attachment 236551

Good to meet you too Rob and thanks again for the passenger run! I'll hopefully be joining you on the track sooner rather than later this summer! 👊

Les Graham

RMS Regular
Was a good day I was out testing in the grey s2000, early breaking to try dial in the bias but was good fun, seen the clio wreck was a brave bad one, serious bit of revving in paddock then I'm guessing one engine wasn't right alot of ticking but seemed an expressive wee motor. Aslong as everyone was ok that's main thing
Diff box locked up bud, like pulling on handbrake. All relatively intact, re shell and box work along with new swing arm. All straight forward ut a little time consuming, she'll be back soon

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Diff box locked up bud, like pulling on handbrake. All relatively intact, re shell and box work along with new swing arm. All straight forward ut a little time consuming, she'll be back soon

I recall holeshot racing used to supply V8 twin hayabusas, would it be worth while having a bottom end built for purpose?

Les Graham

RMS Regular
I recall holeshot racing used to supply V8 twin hayabusas, would it be worth while having a bottom end built for purpose?
I know Jack, the V8 busa is more for Autograss. The engines aren't an issue, just the speed and heat in drive box bud.

Les Graham

RMS Regular
Thought it may simplify things to have one unit instead of two

It's impressive none the less, cool as fk too!
You can definitely do the Busa V8, quite a few about and would be handy with single unit but the cost is immense. My build is actually a fairly low cost affair all things considered. Just the drive box issue to sort, diff oil cooling may have been the over-riding issue.