Trackskills Trackday. Today 13th September

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
So I just picked the Clio 182 up today, hoping to take it to Kirkistown tomorrow. The front tyres are rubbing on the bends thanks to 2 decent sized spacers.

Quick stupid question, can I remove the spacers? I don’t have the original nuts and I’m guessing the ones fitted are longer? Whats gonna happen when I bolt the wheels back on?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
So I just picked the Clio 182 up today, hoping to take it to Kirkistown tomorrow. The front tyres are rubbing on the bends thanks to 2 decent sized spacers.

Quick stupid question, can I remove the spacers? I don’t have the original nuts and I’m guessing the ones fitted are longer? Whats gonna happen when I bolt the wheels back on?

Only way to find out is do it and see what happens, nothing to loose at this stage the night before..

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Yeah I’m gonna have to try and fix it in the pits. :joy: I had to drive straight to work so I won’t be able to have a look tonight. I could always rip some of the inner wheel trim off. 8o|

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Take the spacers out and try the bolts. If the wheel turns without fouling then it should be ok.

I’ll give it a go. I’m gonna look like such a rookie tomorrow with my wee spare wheel jack. :joy:

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
I drive a subaru don't worry, I have a trolley jack lol.

Don't worry we all have things not ready, that's the fun of it. I just got home fitted my tyres and tested the brakes for first time, I've a chassis movement bang on hard braking, could be bottom brace or something stupid but all seems tight... See if it effects tomorrow.

Over 1hr to Newtownards for me so I'll be there for a coffee.
I’ll give it a go. I’m gonna look like such a rookie tomorrow with my wee spare wheel jack.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Yeah as said the only way to find out is remove them and see how the wheel sits. Maybe they were fitted so the wheel cleared the caliper or strut properly? If only rubbing on inner arch I'd drive away at it, as long as its not catching on the wing itself.

Just use tomorrow as a testing day lol

neil-c

RMS Regular
Looking forward to tomorrow. I'll catch up with some of you at McDs in Newtownards at 9am. I'll be in the red 986 Boxster.

ps I've had no email about start times etc I'm just going by @gav525's timings for meeting at McDonalds. But I did get an email from Donal that I'm booked it.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Happy days, I'll have sobered up enough by 9am so will see you all then.

See below for timings I was sent, 9 am brekkie is perfect timing, be at the track before 10.

Screenshot_20201010-234950_Outlook.jpg

Les Graham

RMS Regular
Mine made it home OK this time, heard a few odd things so wouldn't take chances but new brake set up required.
Non servo sucks!
Braking from 2 miles back. Winter project but good to get a run in her.

Last edited:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yep great day and home safe and sound there. Good to meet a load of RMSers, plenty of us there today!

Porsche stopped smoking as soon as I left the circuit, haven't lost any oil or coolant either. Weird one like and ill get a good look at it over winter.

Some very fast cars out there today!

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Great day! Great to meet a few RMS regulars. Clio is a cracking wee car. Totally melted the brakes though. I know what the first upgrade is gonna be.
Safe to say I’m hooked on track days. :cool:
@pablo thanks for letting me get a tag along in the 220. That thing seriously corners!
74C2E4D4-037D-463F-8829-584405F01F40.jpeg
7A7E849A-90ED-4BAC-BFF0-BB9B0AE2B221.jpeg
B3206435-C289-402C-B37A-D552E54EBE10.jpeg
6F561856-F647-4EBC-833A-FF074D14042F.jpeg
FECB9D20-BEF1-4D4E-92A2-CEE1EE64C888.jpeg
469DA6A9-9104-468D-BE26-3A5C3F69EC40.jpeg
71D2E82E-8AD2-404C-961E-B97809059EEE.jpeg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
As said was great to meet a few other RMSers today and it was an absolute laugh on track. Have to say just about every car out there today sounded good in it's own way nothing too crazy

E36 held up well on vredestein road tyres 😂😅 will definitely be looking into r888rs or nankang ar1s plus I'll be swapping out the fluid for castrol srf. And possibly fine tune the suspension geo

Was a bit skeptical as to how well I'd put everything back together, but it seems I did a decent enough job as she got home in one piece thankfully.