Trade policy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hippyross

RMS Regular
I've just opened my own valeting business and need recommendations on who I could contact to get some quotes.

Cheers

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
St. Paul’s travellers or abbey bond Lovis cover my dad and are pretty good.

RevT

RMS Regular
CIP Crumlin and ask for Jimmy or else Autoline in Coleraine and ask for Hazel.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Spend a bit of time looking over the actual policies, DO NOT go for one on price alone.

I had 12 different quotes, got copies of the details and smallprint and had a friend look over them (he's an insurance fraud investigator)

10 of the 12 weren't worth the paper they were written on.

I'm with Aviva, previous experience with them when our warehouse was flooded (6 figure claim) they were not only fantastic, but on the phone daily ensuring everything was taken care of and keeping us up to date. As they were 1 of the 2 remaining good quotes, that's who I went with.

If you just want a cover note, pick who you want.

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
Thanks for the replies I've tried a few and cip are the best at the minute.

Static
Would a public liability policy not suit your needs, or do you collect customers cars to bring to your premises for cleaning and thats the reason you need the road risk trade policy

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Would a public liability policy not suit your needs, or do you collect customers cars to bring to your premises for cleaning and thats the reason you need the road risk trade policy

That's the thing I don't collect cars but I've been asked to by a trade boy and was just thinking it may open up more business but it's not looking worth while with the prices I've been getting.
I can get on a trade policy in someone else's name and I've been told I'll be covered but I'll lose my no claims depending on how long I'll stay on it that's why I have been getting high qoutes becubec of NCB being on other people's policy's over the years.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
That's the thing I don't collect cars but I've been asked to by a trade boy and was just thinking it may open up more business but it's not looking worth while with the prices I've been getting.
I can get on a trade policy in someone else's name and I've been told I'll be covered but I'll lose my no claims depending on how long I'll stay on it that's why I have been getting high qoutes becubec of NCB being on other people's policy's over the years.

forget your NCB, if you have an anyway decent broker, he'll fight your corner/give you them back if you ever revert to a normal policy again.

Trade policies are just expensive, but for the coverage and peace of mind, worth every penny IMO.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Don’t expect much change from £1500 for your first years premium.

Mine was £2k from memory in the first year but that was having just got my licence back after being disqualified for a couple of years so obviously had no NCB. Skip forward 5 years and it’s still around £1100 with no claims or issues to report and an extra £250 to add the wife with full entitlements (SDP, business, commuting etc).

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Don’t expect much change from £1500 for your first years premium.

Mine was £2k from memory in the first year but that was having just got my licence back after being disqualified for a couple of years so obviously had no NCB. Skip forward 5 years and it’s still around £1100 with no claims or issues to report and an extra £250 to add the wife with full entitlements (SDP, business, commuting etc).

Mine was £3200 for the first year, down to £2400 or so now I think, but I'm probably overinsured.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
I don't think it's worth the extra out going for me I've ran this business a few years ago and never needed it as cars were brought to me and I'm only looking at getting it because I've been asked to collect trade cars which will be a few cars a month at most.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
I don't think it's worth the extra out going for me I've ran this business a few years ago and never needed it as cars were brought to me and I'm only looking at getting it because I've been asked to collect trade cars which will be a few cars a month at most.
Get them to drop the cars to you or buy a transporter to lift them with.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
01B5F075-D006-4C8E-9D58-81230CC26511.jpeg
Is there not a boy on here does special Rms Recovery Rates :p:p...nudge nudge;);)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.