Trailer light help

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
My touareg has its light socket tucked up underneath the bumper, its a pita to get to as its used for towing at least 70 percent of its life, is there an elbow connection i can get to bring the connection down and out to make it handier?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Make up a short fly lead for it and mount where it is accessible. Had to do this on my e46 as it was tucked up in behind the bumper.

You will get the bits out of halfords or any motor factors easy enough rather than trying to find a premade "elbow". Not sure if they even exist?

You will just need another male and female plug, a mounting bracket and a length of 7core wire (or 13 if you are doing any caravanning).

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Would be worth looking at different shapes of bracket, if you have enough slack in the cable to reposition it. There's all kinds of shapes, flats, Ls, dropdowns, ones for swanneck, etc.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Yeah its a detachable swan neck, this car is new to me so I havent had a good poke round it yet,

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I have something like this in the garage that came with the Renegade tow bar, but I never used it:

4536471F-62D2-4663-B664-87BB25EBD99B.jpeg

If I find it tomorrow, I’ll throw it round to Paul’s house and he can take it to the shed with him if your motor is still with him?

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Thanks very much @nickyi have the touareg on the road, ill have a look tomorrow (currently on night shift) and see what i can do, appreciate it!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
If this turns up, I’ll give you a shout. I’m pretty sure Douglas’ Auto Parts in Ballynahinch keep those retractable brackets too, or else just hit Ebay to save any running about.