Trial by fire... or water

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

renaultformulaone

I changed tyres on my car just last week for a set of Yokohama's (they only the A539s) and I have to say Im pretty glad I did! With all this rain over last few days Ive got chance to test them properly in wet conditions (more like swimming pool conditions) and they are just awesome... after buying them I was kinda wondering if they were really worth the extra few £££ but its true what they say - tyres are the only part of car in contact with the road and its definately worth paying extra wee bit to stay on it! Just wondering what they even better spec tyres are like now...!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
mine feel like *****, but then again its a heavy car and its not meant to be driven like a sports car :laughing:

BJ

Banned
Stick a set of remoulds on the car and then you could have the roof in contact with the road too! :grinning:

Bryan

RMS Regular
I got myself two new Toyo Proxies for the front and they're amazing in the wet. I've never had a new tyre before, only remoulds. I didn't believe people when they say how different a good tyre is. It's unbelievable - I'd never go back to using remoulds again. Ever.

Adam

RMS Regular
Had remoulds on a car once for a few weeks and they slid all over the place. Complete crap!
I had Yokohama A539s on several cars and although brilliant in the dry I thought they were one of the worst tyres in the wet.
I've also heard people on other performance websites say the same thing.

The best tyres Ive used are what Ive got now which are a similiar price to the Yoko's. The Toyo Proxies.
They are great in the dry and 10 times better in the wet than the Yoko's.

The only good thing about the Yoko's is that they have a narrow profile compared to other tyres of the same type so they dont rub if your car is really low.

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
i have nakang ultra sport ns-2 on mine and there pretty gd in the wet! anyone no where i can get these for a gd price? 225/40r18 92h m+s

renaultformulaone

OP
R
Bora_Benz said:
i have nakang ultra sport ns-2 on mine and there pretty gd in the wet! anyone no where i can get these for a gd price? 225/40r18 92h m+s

Not sure bout sizing etc. but I got my wheels from evoperformance.co.uk and I phoned recently to get price on tyres and the only tyres the guy said they stock are Nankangs and seemed to be very good price. Couldnt tell you what ones they were though, but might be worth giving a call.

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf TDi
DL tyres in bushmills seem to be very good, have heard tons of very good reports

brendy

RMS Regular
yoko a539s are good in the dry but the tyre walls are very thin and flex way too much.
uniroyal rainsports are the best wet tyre ive used and decent in the dry (cost same as a539s too)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.