Trickle charger

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
they offer little wiring kits if you wanted to make it plug in rather than croc clips
Comfort connector.
Very handy indeed especially for motorbikes so you don’t have to screw the seat off every time you want to charge the battery.
C-Tek include one with most of their chargers but NOCO don’t annoyingly.
Bit stingy given the price of them.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Yeah it was Nicky with a Lidl one. Burned the garage to the ground.

That's the main reason I stuck with the ctek and haven't stuck cheapies in. I've 5 cars sitting in storage at the minute and would love to save a few quid and use cheap chargers for the 2 that currently don't have them, but I wouldn't be able to relax if I put them in. I just leave the batteries disconnected on the older cars and rotate the 3 chargers every so often.
I wouldn’t sleep well with a budget brand smart charger running 24/7.
What way did this pan out insurance-wise?
Were Lidl liable?

Adam

RMS Regular
CTEK all the way for me. I've got two and they have worked great for years. They've even brought a couple of old batteries back to life that I thought were long dead.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I've used a CTEC as my main charger for years but I also run a NOCO 2X4 as a maintenance charger, when I leave for work I connect my main batteries up and then I never need to worry about a ruined battery.

Its a very high quality bit of kit and for me much nicer than needing 4 separate chargers.
NOCO.JPG

brendy

RMS Regular
whats your thoughts on it Brendy?
Works perfectly so far, it took my (unsure of actual capacity as its in the boot, B8 S4) battery from 20% to 80% in a couple of hours and the charger didnt even feel warm to the touch, built in fan too must help. I like how it shows actual charge rate etc.
Happy with it with the one use this far :grinning: its no Ctek but if you want to borrow it to try it out, just ask.

Bronk

RMS Regular
Works perfectly so far, it took my B8 S4 battery from 20% to 80% in a couple of hours and the charger didnt even feel warm to the touch, built in fan too must help.
Happy with it with the one use this far :grinning:

Tempted to get one for my car for over winter.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Low battery warning is coming on regularly now on the S3 as it’s not getting much use. Thinking CTEK MXS 5.0 is the one to go for based on comments above?

Deleted member 13907

D
Low battery warning is coming on regularly now on the S3 as it’s not getting much use. Thinking CTEK MXS 5.0 is the one to go for based on comments above?
I ordered one a couple of weeks ago - great job.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I ordered one a couple of weeks ago - great job.
Ordered one from Amazon. Had the fear of the battery being flat and not being able to get it out of the driveway. I have RAC cover but this will just take the potential stress out of having a flat battery. Will top the Mini up too as it’s moved even less than the S3

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
If you havent got it already i got one tonight on eBay for £54.80 with an ebay offer code

Code: PICKSMALL

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Cheers @bigsigh just ordered one, have a cheap one I got in Lidl ages ago that isn't bad but had been thinking of getting a ctek so that made up my mind!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Great, code stopped working though, I'll hold out to next time, no rush