Triumph Daytona 675

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Really didn't know what bike I wanted, after hours and hours of reading reviews my heart was set on a Daytona! Really looking forward to the good weather now so I can take it out.

Plans are to firstly pass my test lol...

Then I'm going to look at exhausts

I'll take some proper photos when I give it a good clean

1449932198200.jpg

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Good choice I'd say. The 675 Triumph engine is one of the best bike engines on the planet IMO.

I like cc's though so I've never had one, not enough torque for me. The noise from one as the revs rise has 3 stages and is mega.

The 1050 is a heavy thing, I have had a few and currently have a Tiger 1050 in the fleet:cool:

Daytona clip ons are bit low for my old back:eek:

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Great bike, never hear anything bad about them. Wish I would've went for one rather than the blade.

Good luck with the test etc!

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
One of my favorite bikes. What year is it? The newer ones come with a quick shifter and I'm sure you can fit a quick ****er to the older models :grinning:

Stunning!

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
I'm going to get a lend of a decent camera and take some decent pictures of it maybe at the weekend.

the 675R comes standard with quick shifter and various other upgrades. I'm pretty sure I can make that upgrade, but tbh I don't think i will for the foreseeable future anyway.

this is a 2007.

wes

RMS Regular
Love these, test rode a fireblade and daytona just before i hung up the leathers for a while.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i had the pleasure of racing one back in california one weekend, couldn't believe the balance between the torque with the added bonus of a decent revving motor, great bike.

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
I want to get a new plate made up, how small can i go without getting pestered by the police?

moran

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx s13
Legal answer: you cant go smaller

Normal answer: depends on how often you ride and where you ride and how you ride. If you ride somewhere that police usually arent found then small as you want. Unless theyre actually behind you up close then nothing will come of it most likely. But if you go tiny you might aswell have none.

Also aweaome bike btw!

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
I'm running a 7x6 inch plate (standard is 9x7) and there is a fair difference. Tidies it up but not too small for attracting attention. Never had anything said about it or my black visor or non e stamped exhaust at checkpoints...yet lol. Sat on a daytona at mccallens a couple weeks back and its a nice bike but I'm not a fan of sports riding position personally. Knowing what my 90 odd horse at the wheel street triple goes like I'd say this is potentially all the bike someone could ever need performance wise! With the right mods and map she should be knocking on the door of 120hp I would say. Prepare for lots of people commenting on the sound!

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
thanks lads, I'm going to have a look at both a 7x5 and 7x6 and make up my mind.

@mickey I'm pretty sure this is a 123bhp bike as standard, tbh i really don't look at facts and figures too much. I really like the looks and it has more than enough go for me atm! thanks for the kind words (y)

warren

RMS Photographer
Must be killing you having that in the garage and not being able to use it! Stunning bike, dont see too many of them about!

Reactions: wes

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Tail tidy, smaller plate and exhaust and that would be that.

Stunning bike, any updates on getting the test?

Reactions: wes

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
failed the off road just before christmas on the u turn. Complete nightmare as I could do it a thousand times without problem. test nerves got the better of me.

I have another one booked for a few weeks time.

my plans are exactly that @G N K ! I have the smaller plate already, just waiting for the exhaust to pop up on eBay then ill get the tail tidy to suit!

I've started to gather my protective gear also, got a nice pair of alpinestars boots for christmas. not really sure what exactly I'm going to go for in terms of helmet jacket trousers gloves just yet.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Not as yella as they say. Fair play to you Crean. Where do you keep it?

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Legal answer: you cant go smaller

Normal answer: depends on how often you ride and where you ride and how you ride. If you ride somewhere that police usually arent found then small as you want. Unless theyre actually behind you up close then nothing will come of it most likely. But if you go tiny you might aswell have none.

Also aweaome bike btw!

I was stopped on my 600RR because they couldn't actually see the plate it was that small lol

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Off road? Flip they don't make it easy now, would love a bike myself but don't know if I could be trusted lol.

Oh while your adding things might as well get a nice seat cowl and carbon rear hugger (y)

Adam

RMS Regular
Lovely bike Ive always been a big fan. First thing you need to do is get a good exhaust on there. It makes a big difference on those and its one of the best sounds out there.
I had a brilliant 10 lap battle with a new one of these at Donnington last year and was very impressed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.