Triumph service

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AC

RMS Regular
With March now upon us I’m going to get the Street Triple R serviced for the good weather.

It’s 2014 with 5k and the past 2 years I’ve just serviced it with oil and filter myself but I’m wondering if it’s wortwhile having the valve clearances checked and replacing the other fluids (brake/coolant) and giving it a once over.

Worthwhile doing at this stage?

If so, are there any reputable independents in the Ards area? With working away, I’d rather throw it in to someone for the above if so.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Boy at the bottom of the D'dee Road or SM motorcycles down on the jubilee road.

Both get good reviews and have been round years

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
Boy at the bottom of the D'dee Road or SM motorcycles down on the jubilee road.

Both get good reviews and have been round years

Will give that a look into thanks Andy!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
It wouldn't need the valve clearances checked at 5k. For brake fluid and coolant, any bike mechanic could do it.

Lee

RMS Regular
Heres the schedule

Attachments

• Triumph Job sheet.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 87

Lee

RMS Regular
Valve clearances recommended to be checked at 12k. I've read about it a few times and never heard of one needing adjusted even at the 12k.

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
I’ve seen that job sheet before but it’s a bit misleading as it says 12,000 miles or 2years, whichever comes first. Last time I was chatting to a chap in McCallens about servicing last year, he recommended getting them checked this year but with only 5k, thought it was worth an ask here. Still undecided now!

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I wouldn't panic, with that reasoning it would have been done twice by now

Lee

RMS Regular
Well I'd never claim to know more than a bike mechanic, but time wouldn't affect something like valve clearances, only miles. Brake fluid and coolant tho I'm sure wouldn't be a bad idea.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I’ve seen that job sheet before but it’s a bit misleading as it says 12,000 miles or 2years, whichever comes first. Last time I was chatting to a chap in McCallens about servicing last year, he recommended getting them checked this year but with only 5k, thought it was worth an ask here. Still undecided now!

Can't say for the 675 but anytime I've heard of a 1050 getting the clearances checked, even at 30k, they rarely need adjusted.

Reactions: AC

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
A mate of mine is a bike nut in the Ards area, he's forgotten more about bikes than I would ever know and he's a Triumph fan, drop me a PM if you want his number

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.