Triumph Street Cup

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Hey all. After passing my test last week I couldn’t wait to get a bike, so here we are. Wes McCrum did me a great deal on this nearly new Street Cup, after a test ride I knew I had to have it!

So basically in 2017 Triumph refreshed their whole Bonneville range. With the base Street Twin, the Street Scrambler, T100, Street Cup, and the range topping T120, Thruxton and Thruxton R. The SC is essentially a mini Thruxton, with the cafe racer looks, Ace dropped bars and lots of other tweaks over the Street Twin, Scrambler and T100.
900cc twin with 270 degree firing order, so sounds nice and meaty. Street Cup comes with shorter pipes as standard too so a nice rip from it. Quite a strange engine as it’s 54bhp, but has 60lb/ft of torque, and from 2,000 revs, so it’s got loads of low down grunt.

Enough talking, here’s some of my crappy pics so far.

732149C1-EE68-4CB8-99F2-256CA63DA7F2.jpeg
32C4E69C-AFD7-4F8A-A54F-E5E972BADE0D.jpeg
D0611073-3120-47E5-82FD-42638D341821.jpeg
23D1B6BA-B2D3-422F-A0CA-BDF1435C1F66.jpeg
14B0E369-8E46-49F7-A3E4-76637AE41557.jpeg

Don’t really have any plans so far, maybe change out the yellow fly screen for a black one of a black street cup, tie in more with the headlight, plus its yellow enough already I think.
Its got one more year of warranty, so nothing major until then. Once it’s up I’ll probably put a Tec decat X-pipe in, frees up around 2bhp and makes it even throatier. And maybe even a pair of slip ons for good measure.

I’m still getting use to riding it so it’s got more than enough power for me at the moment. Put 75 miles on it yesterday (now up to 175 on the odo). Although if I do get bored there’s a stage 4 kit with an uprated cam you get for around £1000 which lifts the power to around 70rwhp :grinning:

Brought it in to work today and tempted to take it out for a spin at lunch rather than eat, lol.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
So cool. I had been reading on one of the Triumph forums a while back about some guys that had changed from Speed Triples to Thruxtons and were well impressed, enjoying them more than the speed triples. I'd guess it's much the same for one of these.
(I have a Tiger sport 1050)

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Great looking ben! will need to get a ride out with you ... wont be seeing me around almac anymore i moved jobs

Reactions: Ben

Deleted member 13907

D
Really nice. Wouldn't be my usual taste in a bike, but I can certainly appreciate it for what it is.
I think the black fly screen would really perfect the look.
Would definitely be keen to do my bike test at some stage, but may be best to leave it until I don't want a sports bike.

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
Lovely.

Test rid a thruxton r and it's amazing (just a pity about the price!), but that looks like a pile of fun

Would lose the yellow fly screen and fork reflectors

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
After having a nosey for paddock stand, a couple of other items caught my eye.

1F5EC10A-5543-41FA-B90B-0928566399A6.png

I have no willpower when it comes to things like this! Roll on next week to get it all delivered and fitted

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Nice! Always liked the modern classic Triumphs! Must get back on two wheels this summer...Being a new rider I would strongly recommend a C02 emergency puncture plug repair kit to keep under the saddle. Saved me from waiting for the RAC a couple of times. Not the most sexy motorcycle accessory but worth its weight in gold!

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
So keeping it standard lasted all of 2 days. Tackled a couple of wee jobs this evening.

Removed the intake snorkel, bit nicer note on WOT now. Forum people reckon it increases mid range torque, I dunno lol.

51F6AD00-3BE6-40F8-AA51-210A2553ACD8.jpeg

Removed the fly screen (didn’t really do anything), now plan to drop the speedo down about an inch just to tuck it a bit.
133D953A-08AA-48F1-9386-EE568596F1DB.jpeg

And then removed the front fork reflectors

B0CE6898-3967-47AF-8736-D0FBE7FF36FE.jpeg

And back in the garage until next week sometime. Looking forward to getting the exhaust now!

7180AA2B-27FA-4E86-8C47-8DE524CA0454.jpeg

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I really liked the fly screen!!

I didn’t mind it, but looking back at picture now it’s looked a wee but dopey or something. My mate said it looked like a minion from the front lol.

I’m looking out for a black one atm to stick on.

Deleted member 13907

D
I didn’t mind it, but looking back at picture now it’s looked a wee but dopey or something. My mate said it looked like a minion from the front lol.

I’m looking out for a black one atm to stick on.
I think it looks great without the fly screen personally

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Worst case is try it, some of those small screens do a great job at putting wind over your head, some put it into your chest.

Black screen though ;)