Wanted: Trolley Jack

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
After some RMS t**t had me waste £20 on petrol and then not show up or answer his phone whilst trying to buy a trolley jack from him, I'm in the market for one again.

Nothing too dear or professional but something that instills a bit of confidence whilst in use would be good, I was thinking of buying the Halfords Trolley Jack pack but the quality of it looks/feels terrible, I certainly wouldn't trust it anyway.

What have ya got?

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
A trolley jack is something worth spending a bit of cash on imo.

Was going to go for one of those small Halfords yokes but was far to small and as you said, didn't inspire to much confidence when holding a car up on it, though i knew plenty that do on the regular.

I ended up going for a 3 ton Sealey, came with 4 2 ton free axle stands and was about £115. Have had both the Land Cruiser, Pajero and various other cars swinging off it at full extension and is solid as a rock, the long reach on them is good for lifting road cars well off the ground to make life easier when working under the car, also gives enough lift to be able to slip a fully extended axle stand underneath too (y)

Ge0rge

Banned
After some RMS t**t had me waste £20 on petrol and then not show up or answer his phone whilst trying to buy a trolley jack from him, I'm in the market for one again.

Nothing too dear or professional but something that instills a bit of confidence whilst in use would be good, I was thinking of buying the Halfords Trolley Jack pack but the quality of it looks/feels terrible, I certainly wouldn't trust it anyway.

What have ya got?

name and shame.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
there's a place t for tools and they have an ebay shop and they advertise free delivery.

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Cheers guys for all the input.
Doovde, have you used any of the lesser Sealey models, I doubt i'd ever need 3tonne?(although I had a dream last night i bought a landrover defender - a sign maybe?)

Ronin - whats it like for ground clearance? as my motor is slightly lowered.

eknightrider - it was a few months ago, so I'll just let sleeping dogs lie.

RoniN

RMS Regular
You'll need 6 inches of ground clearance.
My motor is very low so I have 2 foot long 2 inch deep pieces of wood I put down and drive the car onto to get the jack under.

Cheers

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
Cheers guys for all the input.
Doovde, have you used any of the lesser Sealey models, I doubt i'd ever need 3tonne?(although I had a dream last night i bought a landrover defender - a sign maybe?)

Can't say i have, but the abuse i've thrown at my own is serious.

Being Sealey though, you can get parts and seals quickly from most motorfactors, but mine came with a half decent warrenty and a spare set of seals too

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
I have a spare one here for free matey after upgrading to a Clarke lightweight alloy one last year

Thats a really kind offer Scott but I can't take it off you for nothing, what would you like for it?

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Honest guv, you would be doing me a favour taking it, just taking up room in an already over crowded garage :grinning: Working lates this week, but can meet you this weekend if it suits?

rmsnoel

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly..
Halfords do a £40 version of that black jack. Hasnt failed yet, light to carry and has low entry high lift

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Honest guv, you would be doing me a favour taking it, just taking up room in an already over crowded garage :grinning: Working lates this week, but can meet you this weekend if it suits?

Legendary Scott, thanks a million!

I'm working this weekend but should be home for 6 most nights, if your about drop me a PM and I can take a scoot up to yours!

Thank you very much again!

brendy

RMS Regular
I have owned a 2 ton yellow halfords trolley jack and axel stands for getting in 7-8 years, neve let me down and can still hold the x5 easily enough when it had a slow puncture while I took the tyre to get checked out.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.