True Custom Remapping in NI

Tam9n

RMS Regular
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
Hi all,

Before you say use the search, I did use the search function but didn’t pull up a great deal.
I’m looking to getting a proper custom remap sorted for my hybrid Polo GTi.

Yes there’s lots on here about Revo, Celtic Tuning, etc etc, every man and his dog doing flashing. But I’m looking to see if anyone has any feedback on any of the guys here offering custom writing maps.

I’ve seen names like Murray Motorsport, G Sport Cars, Momentum pop up over the years but there’s very little on these so I’m looking feedback from anyone who’s been getting anything other than a 1.6TDI A3 mapped.

Thanks in advance guys,
Tom

Reactions: Ben

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Hi Tom,

I don't know much about the VAG mappers out there to be honest.

Don't be afraid to travel IMHO, the car properly mapped, but someone that knows what they are doing will be worth it's weight in gold.

I drove over to the far side of Scotland to get the Scooby mapped by Andy Forrest.

Cheers,
Neil

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
What management are you using Tam?

If it's aftermarket the likes of Richard Bradley or Stone Motorsport in Dublin would be the job

Tam9n

RMS Regular
OP
Tam9n
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
Thanks so far men. Don’t worry I appreciate that reputable “flashed on” maps have their place for many customers but in this case it just needs to be a bit more bespoke

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
If you were at Dubshed Matt's black vr6 turbo MK2 had standalone fitted and mapped by them along with a lot of fab work. He'd no complaints at all

FB_IMG_1559173954069.jpg

Tam9n

RMS Regular
OP
Tam9n
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
P
Another option is R-Tech Performance -

Not sure if they are any good, but certainly stacks of info on their site and a big waiting list...

Plenty of R-tech fans on Facebook but just seeing the options of locally, down south for now. There’s plenty of options in England like Badger5, R-Tech or my preferred Devil Developments but they are as far away as physically possible from Northern Ireland :worried:

bludgod

RMS Regular
Drives
STI
something like eurodyne maestro software is needed to tune the ME7.5 ecu properly, however for the price of the eurodyne software your not far off a standalone ECU to do the job properly with more flexibility - look at the maxxECU or link plugins that will make installation a lot handier plus you'll be free from the standard maf sensor and a lot of other emissions based malarky that comes along with still using the standard ECU.