TT 2014

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
It's mad hearing Michael Dunlop asking how his brother was during the pit stop after riding past the wreckage.

Imagine having to keep the pace and the lead of a superbike race not knowing.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
It's mad hearing Michael Dunlop asking how his brother was during the pit stop after riding past the wreckage.

Imagine having to keep the pace and the lead of a superbike race not knowing.

The mind of a road racer, but I'm glad after all the BS that everyone can see that they're brothers above all else. :grinning:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
The mind of a road racer, but I'm glad after all the BS that everyone can see that they're brothers above all else. :grinning:

Did you catch him there now on itv4? Even made a reference to all the "boys on the keyboards" speculating, but at the end of the day nothing else matters beyond family.

Great to see William on his feet as soon as he was.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Watching the highlights there with the other half. Conor Cummins getting interviewed and he has his 'Dunlop' cap on. She asks "is he a Dunlop?" I say no and she says "he's got the wrong name on his cap then!"

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Did you catch him there now on itv4? Even made a reference to all the "boys on the keyboards" speculating, but at the end of the day nothing else matters beyond family.

Great to see William on his feet as soon as he was.

Did you not hear MD immediately after the race on Manx Radio?! Ha!

"lets cut all the bullsht, the press are a bunch of tossers!" haha (y)

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Oh, and apparently Cummins is the knob who ignored the flags and basically nicked 2nd place off Martin by now slowing off. Poor show if true.

Cess

RMS Staff
Yeah, bad craic that. The Suzukis just don't have the grunt of the BMWs and Kawasakis. If they did, Guy Martin would have been much closer. He was riding hard.

Just on the Craig Doyle thing. He does my head in. Total rent-a-presenter. He'd know more about a fish supper than motorbike racing.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Oh, and apparently Cummins is the knob who ignored the flags and basically nicked 2nd place off Martin by now slowing off. Poor show if true.

You could see from the onboard he was near full throttle through the debris field.

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
The majority of the lightweight class are Kawasaki ER6s, so although not identical in terms of suspension etc, mechanically they should be very similar.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I'd like to see a race class with identical machinery.

Motorsport is unique in that no one ever really knows just how much success is down to the machine or the squishy organic thing controlling it.

Standardisation of engines and chassis in all forms of Motorsport along with a higher minimum weight (where lighter competitors would have to add a lot more ballast) would certainly create a more level playing field, make for better racing and reduce costs.

I'd imagine the majority of the big names would oppose it however and either quit or form breakaway formulae.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
They could call it the riders class, just like a show class once every few years.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Watching "The Michael Dunlop story" on itv4.

Talking about a race " If I farted Gary would have smelt it he was that close" haha

J55NI

RMS Regular
Great time away as usual at the TT been going now since I was a wee kid , Dad used to race himself at it and its true the best circuit in the world . Today is a watching marathon of coverage from it o ITV :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.