TT 2019

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Michael Dunlop has signed up with TAS for this year's roadracing series, Paul Jordan has signed for Davabet Devitt racing on a Kawasaki and is due to compete in all solo classes.
TBH I'd like to have seen MD throwing in the towel after all the family has been though, but Its his own decision to make and not for us to judge.

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
I was actually just thinking about the TT last night.

I think it'll be interesting to see where Hutchy is in the scheme of things. Last year was the first TT after his spill up on the mountain and the only thing hindering him was fitness with the leg.

MD will be there no doubt, and pushing hard- his main threat I think will be Hicky.

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
I think Hicky will be the man to beat, I also think James Hillier will be up there this year.
Good to hear Ivan Lintin is at least back on his feet again, working for Paul Jordan's team in a non racing roll.

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
I think Hicky will be the man to beat, I also think James Hillier will be up there this year.
Good to hear Ivan Lintin is at least back on his feet again, working for Paul Jordan's team in a non racing roll.

Hicky will be the man to beat for sure. It’d be great to see Hillier having some success too. I’d really love to see Dean Harrison grab one too, he was competitive in 2018, always up there. If memory serves me right, I think he had a few unlucky mechanicals potentially when leading.

Did Ivan come off last year at the TT?

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Hicky will be the man to beat for sure. It’d be great to see Hillier having some success too. I’d really love to see Dean Harrison grab one too, he was competitive in 2018, always up there. If memory serves me right, I think he had a few unlucky mechanicals potentially when leading.

Did Ivan come off last year at the TT?

Agreed, Harrison is always a threat. It would be nice to see McPint on the podium on the Norton, although I think the bike will be a struggle against the Jap/German fours still.

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Agreed, Harrison is always a threat. It would be nice to see McPint on the podium on the Norton, although I think the bike will be a struggle against the Jap/German fours still.

Is McGuiness on the Norton this year? He had signed for them last year right but due injury never made the bike's length right? That V4 sounds utter glorious. The BM's seem to be serious tools.

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
I was actually just thinking about the TT last night.

I think it'll be interesting to see where Hutchy is in the scheme of things. Last year was the first TT after his spill up on the mountain and the only thing hindering him was fitness with the leg.

MD will be there no doubt, and pushing hard- his main threat I think will be Hicky.
Dont think hutchy will do well on the honda

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
It was either Jezza or Cowton, that was some dice last year :laughing:. Both Farqhuar bikes

Report says he's no competitive rides

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Quite a dramatic announcement from young Joey no? I see Steve Mercer is on Twitter telling him to run one bike, and take a van with him.

Bit of a cry for help from Joey i think, hope he gets something, he has good talent.

NotKG

Banned
Michael Dunlop has signed up with TAS for this year's roadracing series, Paul Jordan has signed for Davabet Devitt racing on a Kawasaki and is due to compete in all solo classes.
TBH I'd like to have seen MD throwing in the towel after all the family has been though, but Its his own decision to make and not for us to judge.
didnt think he'd come back myself. and was sort of hoping he wouldnt.
wouldnt think any less of him for it either.

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Was told Paul Bird is gonna run the V4R at the NW200 and TT this year with Josh Brooks on it.Would be interesting to see that round the island!

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I think MD will be the one to watch this year, the BMW is the bike to be on at the minute. Hicky will be in the mix too, but any uncertainty in the weather and MD will romp home imo

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Quite a dramatic announcement from young Joey no? I see Steve Mercer is on Twitter telling him to run one bike, and take a van with him.

Bit of a cry for help from Joey i think, hope he gets something, he has good talent.

Has Joey packed it due to no ride or is it other reasons? He certainly was doing well last year, and after performances like that and riding for Paton, I wouldn’t have thought it would be hard for him to scoop a ride.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Has Joey packed it due to no ride or is it other reasons? He certainly was doing well last year, and after performances like that and riding for Paton, I wouldn’t have thought it would be hard for him to scoop a ride.

He says he can't get a competitive package, but we'll see. I'd be kinda surprised if he doesn't end up at the North West on one decent bike at least.

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Richard Cooper making his roadracing debut at the NW200 on the Buildbase gixer.
That should be a bit of an eye opener for him. It's nice to see more top short circuit riders trying the roads.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I think Joey Thompson isn't being given a competitive package is the problem. I heard he was offered a deal with ILR for this season again, but it was at a price. He is a talented rider though, would be nice to see him out again

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I think Joey Thompson isn't being given a competitive package is the problem. I heard he was offered a deal with ILR for this season again, but it was at a price. He is a talented rider though, would be nice to see him out again
Scott Redding/Rory Skinner in the same boat this year, ok circuits but the pay to ride model is still there

Last edited: