TT 2019

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I suppose they’re all trying to bridge that gap between paying for their own stuff and having it handed to them to ride for a team?
As Redding did I suppose, it would have cost him a **** load to likely be a midpack scrapper on a poorer bike than he ultimately got taking a small to no salary/bringing money to PBM Ducati in BSB

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yes Dom Herbertson seems a good lad, glad he has a ride sorted. Hope he does well this year.

Real good watch here for anyone who hasn't seen it, focuses on him a lot:

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Dunlop on what looks like a carbon hp4 tyco super bike has to be competitive!
50C4E8FF-67E5-40B3-88ED-667227668A7C.jpeg

Albeit I wish he’d retired after Williams death. He has absolutely nothing to prove...

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
ITV4 have been doing well on the build up programmes. Hicky and Harrison show on last years epic senior race, was interesting on Monday night, and last nights Foggy Hislop 92 senior. TAS team show tonight.
A break after 5 mins, I had to check I wasnt on Quest ffs

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Getting the boat out tomorrow night, is it easy enough to find? Have to be there for about 2am Saturday morning and don't want to waste time and get soaked if its pishing down. Is it on Albert quay/ Clarendon dock

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Getting the boat out tomorrow night, is it easy enough to find? Have to be there for about 2am Saturday morning and don't want to waste time and get soaked if its pishing down. Is it on Albert quay/ Clarendon dock
Yep, well signposted.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Costs about 30k to ride the TT for a privateer I'm told.

Fella up the road from me runs a supertwin at the road racing, said it was meant to be an affordable entry to road racing but you need about £30k for the season.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Fella up the road from me runs a supertwin at the road racing, said it was meant to be an affordable entry to road racing but you need about £30k for the season.

I would love to buy a wee supertwin and enter a road race or 2! Doing the likes of the nw200 would be the dream, even if I finished last.
Just don't think I could do it to the wife and family, plus couldn't afford to be injured with my job 😭

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often

Probably should have been something of a spec/stock class from day 1, suppose given Faqhuars expenditure per bike is likely in excess of the cost of a Paton.

Mild tuning, tyres, suspenders and brakes could have left it a sub 10k class

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
A supersport might cost £30k a season, a superbike would probably be well over that. A supertwin would be a fair bit less than £30k, unless that £30k would include buying the bike, in that case it would be well over £30k. I was told a KMR twin stands £25k.

My friend raced a protwin on the short circuits for 1 season and including buying the bike from SDC performance in England, I'd say he had a fair bit of change left from £20k. And that would be twice as many meetings than a road season.

My cousin raced supersport in BSB for 2 seasons there. On 1 day at Brands last August he spent £1200 on tyres. That was on 1 day, He was at that meeting for 4 days, crazy money per meeting.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
A supersport might cost £30k a season, a superbike would probably be well over that. A supertwin would be a fair bit less than £30k, unless that £30k would include buying the bike, in that case it would be well over £30k. I was told a KMR twin stands £25k.

My friend raced a protwin on the short circuits for 1 season and including buying the bike from SDC performance in England, I'd say he had a fair bit of change left from £20k. And that would be twice as many meetings than a road season.

My cousin raced supersport in BSB for 2 seasons there. On 1 day at Brands last August he spent £1200 on tyres. That was on 1 day, He was at that meeting for 4 days, crazy money per meeting.

You have to take in the cost of fuel, tyres, leathers, feeding the crew, entry fees, transport, spares, crashes, right down to knee sliders. I mean. leathers, boots, gloves, lid, back protector would set you back close to 2 grand to get started.

It's the team Daryl Tweedy was riding for, i forget the team name but H&T transport is the guy who runs it.

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
I would love to buy a wee supertwin and enter a road race or 2! Doing the likes of the nw200 would be the dream, even if I finished last.
Just don't think I could do it to the wife and family, plus couldn't afford to be injured with my job 😭

You need to serve your time in short circuits first, before you can apply for your roadracing licence, then do a few road races before applying for your international licence, for the likes of the NW, TT, UGP etc.
Unless your somebody good, like Irwin, Jezza, Seeley et all.
Even SC racing is expensive.