S1000xr
IMG-20220527-WA0002.jpg

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
S1000xr
What do Dunlop riders even do at this point? Is it feasible to start testing another tyre and setting the bike up for it.
Seems they've been offered treaded rears instead although I thought some of the front tryes gave bother at the NW as well.I'd say the Metzler guys are rubbing their hands...

ilovequo

RMS Regular
What do Dunlop riders even do at this point? Is it feasible to start testing another tyre and setting the bike up for it.
Heard someone say that Metzeler had been flooded with requests for slicks but didn't have quantity to cater for it? That might be wrong... PR disaster for Dunlop whatever way things work out now...
Just bought my TT live pass there, looking forward to it this year, really wish i could get over for a day or two but the steampacket timings are damned awkward.
If anyone know anyone taking passengers over in a rib, etc, PM me please

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Heard someone say that Metzeler had been flooded with requests for slicks but didn't have quantity to cater for it? That might be wrong... PR disaster for Dunlop whatever way things work out now...
Just bought my TT live pass there, looking forward to it this year, really wish i could get over for a day or two but the steampacket timings are damned awkward.
Dunno what's happening in Dunlop HQ, but it's not the first time that their QC has let the side down.

Dunlop Sport Maxx 255/35/20 got such a bad name for cracking on the crowns a few years ago - some forum car owners started calling them Dunslips.

Some were able to get their car tyres replaced under a warranty scheme, but most got shafted and had to pay out their own pocket for new boots for their cars.

Most replaced the Dunlops with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or Goodyear Eagle F1 A3s as soon as they could, and never looked back.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Would it be reasonable to suggest that they could go out on Dunlop Superstock tyres, which as far as I know had no problems atNW200?
Given how close the two classes are in lap times.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350

Is there not a wee airport in Fermanagh? St Angelo's or something is it called? Bet there's guys flying to the TT from there; might be worth asking. My dad went over in a wee plane from Ards there a few years ago.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Is there not a wee airport in Fermanagh? St Angelo's or something is it called? Bet there's guys flying to the TT from there; might be worth asking. My dad went over in a wee plane from Ards there a few years ago.
There are flights over daily BUT normally very hush hush because unless they are commercial rated pilot. Someone carrying paying passengers flying with only a PPL is proper ****ed if caught.

They busted a pilot in Ards a load of years back. He waited until after the airfield was unmanned to fly back a load of fellas but the cops were sitting waiting for him.

RIB's from Bangor, D'Dee are flat out all week also.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
getting on and off the island has always been a problem especially if you're just going for the superbike or the senior. anybody that could organise day trips would sell them out.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
There are flights over daily BUT normally very hush hush because unless they are commercial rated pilot. Someone carrying paying passengers flying with only a PPL is proper ****ed if caught.

They busted a pilot in Ards a load of years back. He waited until after the airfield was unmanned to fly back a load of fellas but the cops were sitting waiting for him.

RIB's from Bangor, D'Dee are flat out all week also.

Dad went over on his cousins rib from Kilkeel too, said it was particularly ropey on the way home with fog.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

Is the live pass the only way to watch it?

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Is the live pass the only way to watch it?

Not sure, might still be evening highlights?
The last time i went was in 2016 with some friends in a rib, it had a cabin though so was a nice crossing...
Had the ferry booked for 2020 but then Covid intervened.
May get on the ball for something next year

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Highlights on ITV4, starting Sunday I think. Other TT related shows on ITV4 this week.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Dunlop needs to be banned until they can sort out this tyre mess before a man gets killed .Had a rear blow out good few years ago and it hurts when you slap the tarmac ,a lot lol .Picking yourself up is not the most flattering either especially with 3-4 people standing watching you .šŸ™ˆ

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Anyone else think the commentators are very quiet about the whole thing?
Understood they couldnā€™t talk much about it at NW when so little was known about it but thereā€™s been barely any coverage or questioning about it since as far as I could hear.
Is that just the power of a major sponsor??

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Not entirely sure they knew anything about it until after the fact and not running the tyres or running the slightly cut rear was only advice...

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
S1000xr
Unreal supersport race between Dunlop n Harrison....sad that a 3rd rider has died our own Davy Morgan r.i.p
Brilliant race yesterday.Fair play to Dunlop he put the hammer down on that last lap.We were standing on the start/finish straight on Saturday giving off about Davy not being allowed to start the Superbike race due to reduced numbers.Can't believe 2 days later and he's gone.Best sport in the world IMO but f@@k me it can be brutal.RIP Davy..

Reactions: BLS

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Davys other half usually travels over with us on the day of the senior. Friday will be a strange trip I'm sure. RIP Davy.