TT camping

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
How does the home stay work @gav525, are you just renting someones house for the days you are there.

Yes it can work both ways. Some give you the whole house, others you live with them in the house. I've always just got a room in a house with the people and it has been perfect.

The first year I went we touched real lucky and got a room in a massive house which was trackside at Union Mills, garage for the bikes, beer in the fridge and steak for tea. All for 35 a night I think it was!

And when I went over for the Manx last year I stayed with a policeman and his wife on the Sulby straight. Basically gave me a key to the house and garage and I just came and went as I pleased.

Just so hard to get them booked as people tend to stick with the same hosts year after year, plus some people will only rent for the entire event instead of a few nights here and there

Last edited:

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Brilliant thanks, I could end up changing. I really don't mind camping if the weather is good, if its bad it will be a nightmare.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Haha, my thoughts exactly Gary!

Camping can be the best craic ever when it's decent weather, but turns proper miserable when it rains.

Think there's 2 spare rooms in the house we are in near Douglas, but it's only for 2 nights on the 6th and 7th. The one we're in in Ramsey before that I think is full.

You'll easily get sorted though, plenty time yet. The big Union Mills house I mentioned about I booked literally 4 days before I went across!

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
We have been over the last number of years and it can be difficult to find somewhere that suits. We rented a house in 2017 in Douglas. All was well then the girl contacted us to say she had moved and we were more than welcome to stay in her new house that was being renovated and told us to give her what we thought it was worth so we fired her the usual £1300 or so. That’s fine see you next year. Grand. Then we get an email from her coming up to Christmas saying change of plans that she wasn’t leaving the island during TT 19 so we had to find alternative accommodation. Panic over we got sorted. Then she has a post up on the TT forum offering the house for £2500. For the fortnight. Very honest of her.

migs

RMS Regular
I'm only seeing this post now... I stay on the site your booked onto! I tried in vain to post a video of me ankle deep in water from an absolutely treacherous year of weather in 2017 but it was unsuccessful lol (one bad year in 15 years at the TT btw)

On a plus, we have stayed here coming up on 10 years now and I can highly recommend it! Bike parking is beside the football pitch and they have full shower facilities and breakfast that will keep you going most of the day! (2 sausages, bacon, eggs, beans and 2 rounds of toast with tea/coffee for £5!! Not bad!!) There is a shoprite literally 2 minutes walk away and your a 10 minute walk from the pits!

Are you bringing your own tent etc or are you in one of the tents already setup?

Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything either!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
I'm only seeing this post now... I stay on the site your booked onto! I tried in vain to post a video of me ankle deep in water from an absolutely treacherous year of weather in 2017 but it was unsuccessful lol (one bad year in 15 years at the TT btw)

On a plus, we have stayed here coming up on 10 years now and I can highly recommend it! Bike parking is beside the football pitch and they have full shower facilities and breakfast that will keep you going most of the day! (2 sausages, bacon, eggs, beans and 2 rounds of toast with tea/coffee for £5!! Not bad!!) There is a shoprite literally 2 minutes walk away and your a 10 minute walk from the pits!

Are you bringing your own tent etc or are you in one of the tents already setup?

Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything either!

It sounds good from the reviews that I have read, there seems to be a lot of returning guests too which is always a good sign. Do you know if you can deliver a package to them in advance, i wouldnt mind sending all my gear over a week before, such as tent and clothes etc.

migs

RMS Regular
It sounds good from the reviews that I have read, there seems to be a lot of returning guests too which is always a good sign. Do you know if you can deliver a package to them in advance, i wouldnt mind sending all my gear over a week before, such as tent and clothes etc.

I will make a phone call and see if I can get a point of contact for you. I know we had a direct number for a guy on site a couple of years ago! Would certainly be a help if you could get all your gear over prior. Id offer but both our cars are jammed to the roof lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Gary another option is to ask in the IoM TT 2019 Facebook page. Explain your situation and you'll find a load of islanders willing to help you out with an address to ship your stuff to

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
I will make a phone call and see if I can get a point of contact for you. I know we had a direct number for a guy on site a couple of years ago! Would certainly be a help if you could get all your gear over prior. Id offer but both our cars are jammed to the roof lol

That would be great thanks. Handy enough getting it there, might be a bit more difficult sending it back. Thanks for the offer anyway, I'll manage one way or another.

Gary another option is to ask in the IoM TT 2019 Facebook page. Explain your situation and you'll find a load of islanders willing to help you out with an address to ship your stuff to

I will have to have a look, I rarely use facebook these days, but pages like that are very helpful. It's just finding someone trust worthy. If I take the 1000rr, luggage will be less of an issue compared to take the enduro or supermoto

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.