Tuning Shops in Northern Ireland

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bazza2541

RMS Regular
Drives
Isuzu Trooper
I have a 1988 Toyota Celica GT4 that I want an engine conversion done on, looking for somewhere around 350bhp.
Can anyone recommend a decent reliable and above all trustworthy tuning company in the North?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Roy Haslett Preparation, he is a rally man based in Ballygowan, not sure if he works on tuning fast road but in this financial climate I think most lads will do anything...

maybe worth a look, or DGM (davey greer motorsport) in carryduff, has a lot of experience with TTE WRC cars

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Seems to be the case all right.
No matter where I try, there is someone who claims to have been ripped off.

unfortunatley everyone gets bad experiences lol if you didnt go anywere someone reckoned they have been ripped off you may as well stay in the house (y) greer motorsport is prob you best bet!

would not let most of them map my sat nav :relieved:

15460_16ozCottonDeckMop_4.jpg

mop it to 200 break ;)

grimo

RMS Regular
Drives
ek9 :)
ive never heard a bad word about andy you sure your mate hasnt done something or told andy to cheap out on something and thats why its went

Bigman

RMS Regular
Drives
M516D
Wouldn't go to anyone other than ai autosports..they've always been helpful to me

grimo

RMS Regular
Drives
ek9 :)
best bet is to call into each place and see who suits you the most some companies are more towards certain makes/ certain engines

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Roy Haslett Preparation, he is a rally man based in Ballygowan, not sure if he works on tuning fast road but in this financial climate I think most lads will do anything...
Roy is definatley the man to talk to(y). He had a New GTR sitting getting work done last month when I picked up my car so im sure Celica would be no problem

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So

Roy is definatley the man to talk to(y). He had a New GTR sitting getting work done last month when I picked up my car so im sure Celica would be no problem

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
try Tim at TB Developments. He is on the mainland but can build you an engine to spec and send it on a crate for you to get dropped in and then you can get it mapped. Once again for mapping its a bit pot luck over here to be honest. If I was ever to be doing the whole hog again on a jap motor id be of to the mainland to be honest. Not that i had any bad service here but my experience of cars built by the companies I have had dealings with in England where just better built and especially better mapped.

Ryan Griffith who I met with Mark C at AI who came over to do the mapping on their rollers was a really great freelance mapper who previously worked for Motec.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular

Dont expect it to be done quickly.

Dont expect it to look like it si organised.

Dont expect someone who is going to keep accepting calls daily to find out how much is done.

It will be done, in time, as and when he can fit it in, it will also be done by someone who genuinely knows what he is doing despite his grumblings and seemingly lack of caring, it will come back right, safe and most of all within budget, he will stand by his work and he is the ONLY person I have ever taken my own cars to within NI.

Definitely the best man out there, and a genuine mechanic, not an enthusiast playing with spanners. His ability to overcome what others would see as problems is second to none.

My first choice

pete22

RMS Regular
Drives
evo
ai autosports dube don't pass them,any man can build a engine or put one in ' its running of the engine and mapping that are most important ' air fuel ratio get it wrong lights out' good luck who ever you choose'

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.