Turbo Actuator

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The connector on the turbo actuator of my 3.0TDi has broken. The plug is currently cable tied on and everything still works as it should.

Can you provide and fit a replacement?

A repair kit is available from TPS, do you have any experience with it and what it consists of?

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Id say give Ryan or Steven a ring as you will get Instant answer as they are always busy and not on rms as much.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
No idea! I just know there is a repair kit of sort for the 3.0.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
This is said part, am I right in thinking it is the actuator?

It's the connector where the 4 pins are that is broken.

JH86

RMS Regular
look melted what caused that? but if it works when all plugged back up i wouldent be replacing the actuator

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not sure what caused it sadly. The clip was broken for a while and it had just been pushed on, so I assume it was a bad connection.

I have it tidied up and connected like this now, but would still rather have the part 100%.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
It's the connector on the actuator side Adam, which is part of the housing so its not just that easy sadly.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Thinking about what I've just suggested, if it gets really hot in that area the glue might melt again.:confounded:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I want it fixed right, I've already done a bodge DIY job!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.