Turbo rebuild?

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
I have the scooby apart for a while and got a good look at the turbo it has a bit of play on the shaft. Who would be the right person to send it too. It’s a aps sr40 it’s a Garrett breed so no doubt it will cost a fortune but it’s been on the car a long time now.

Thanks Paul

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Another vote for Turbo shack. Was very impressed by their work they did for me earlier this year.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Literally just had one done by Turbo Shack, its due back with me today but he made all the right noises when I was speaking to him, owner of the car actual dealt with him and was very impressed too!

Gambit

RMS Regular
if its a garrett core im pretty sure Turboshack wont touch it. MCM Ballymoney are authorised garret dealer/service.

might be worth pricing a new core also - i found assured performance in dublin cheaper when i was buying a new GT30 core, but that was about 3yrs ago

Astroid

RMS Regular
OP
Astroid
Drives
Rb5 and c4
It’s quite a old turbo now been on the car 14 years. It’s a Garrett breed seen online a while ago about fitting a gt30 core -10 whatever that means. I’ll give turboshack a buzz sure if there not Garrett authorised the worst they can say is no. I’ll give all 3 a shout and see what they say

Cheers guys

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Anybody know if Stevie / Turbo Shack is still going? Sent message on fb and been trying to ring him all day??

Failing that, any other recommendation for turbo testing / rebuild?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Anybody know if Stevie / Turbo Shack is still going? Sent message on fb and been trying to ring him all day??

Failing that, any other recommendation for turbo testing / rebuild?

Had that too a few months ago. Was passing Antrim anyway so called in but the place was all closed up. Tried ringing the mobile a few times, no reply.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
There's Ross Gamble at Tyrone turbos, Donemana, but might be a bit of a trek for you.
07501065525 or 02871 398681

avsd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mercedes/C350Est
Used Turbo Shack last week with great result. Daughter's 2019 Polo had a stuck actuator. Great service, a pleasure to deal with and easy to pay.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Used Turbo Shack last week with great result. Daughter's 2019 Polo had a stuck actuator. Great service, a pleasure to deal with and easy to pay.
I would just land up but would hate to get there and he be closed, won't answer the phone 😒

Also would like a rough price before leaving it too.

avsd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mercedes/C350Est
I had a price and cost of new part if they could not free up the existing one and had arranged an 'appointment' to visit them. They were hard to find - back of DPD depot but a quick phone call guided me in for the last 100 yards. No issues with phone not being used the mobile number from the Facebook page (Turbo Shack).

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I had a price and cost of new part if they could not free up the existing one and had arranged an 'appointment' to visit them. They were hard to find - back of DPD depot but a quick phone call guided me in for the last 100 yards. No issues with phone not being used the mobile number from the Facebook page (Turbo Shack).
Yep, that's what I've been using and sent a pm via fb

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Recommended or just know of him?
Bit of a trek but if the reputation is there I'd consider it.
I haven't had anything serious done, but on the recommendation of a local mechanic, I took a turbo to him for a check over and he seemed decent.
Since heard of other local mechanics that use him too. Seemed like a backlane, small scale, one man show which tbh, I usually prefer.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I haven't had anything serious done, but on the recommendation of a local mechanic, I took a turbo to him for a check over and he seemed decent.
Since heard of other local mechanics that use him too. Seemed like a backlane, small scale, one man show which tbh, I usually prefer.
Brill, cheers