Turbo wanted - 1.6 TDci 2009 Ford Focus / 1.6 HDi PSA

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Near sure I've a Berlingo 75BHP one, just refurbished, then van sold so never used.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Would one of those cartridges do from eBay?
They're pretty cheap. Londonturbos or something like that sells a lot of them

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Would one of those cartridges do from eBay?
They're pretty cheap. Londonturbos or something like that sells a lot of them
Have seen them and I'm not sure tbh. Have a fear of needing special tools or something to to change it lol

Don't have much experience of turbos but I do know I would like to find one locally so I can check for shaft play etc. The one in the car has seized, so need to find the reason for that as well, likely oil starvation.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Video here on a HDi

You can probably skip through most of that but it should be straightforward enough. As long as the new cartridge is good and not *****!
Probably the same ish price as a second hand turbo, but you never know if a second hand one will last any time either

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Not very clear!
20210219_200453.jpg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Carryduff auto parts got me one for a mates van with an egr for about 450 brand new. Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here but there's a mesh gauze in the banjo bolt for the oil feed at the block end that can clog along with the pick up in the sump. I cleaned the sump and only caught the banjo bolt by chance

Reactions: wes

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Carryduff auto parts got me one for a mates van with an egr for about 450 brand new. Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here but there's a mesh gauze in the banjo bolt for the oil feed at the block end that can clog along with the pick up in the sump. I cleaned the sump and only caught the banjo bolt by chance
Cheers, definitely not, any advice always gratefully received. Is this gauze accessed from inside the sump or is it the return pipe to the sump?
Obviously there's an oil feed issue which I'll need to sort before fitting a replacement unit.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Cheers, definitely not, any advice always gratefully received. Is this gauze accessed from inside the sump or is it the return pipe to the sump?
Obviously there's an oil feed issue which I'll need to sort before fitting a replacement unit.
It's behind the heatshield for the cat on the oil feed pipe coming from the block and also check the oil pick up in the sump as the were both bad with carbon build up

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
Drives
yaris t-sport
Still have issues with my 1.6 focus. So it’s been parked up since until I’ve time to look at it. Think you where offering to help me at the time, pity the same has happened to yours