Turbo'd Locost Kit Car - chasing 300bhp!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Looks great! No front wings though!?
Will be some machine when it’s mapped!

Took the old ones off as I've bought some new wingstays and waiting on a new set of carbon fibre CSR wings to go on!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Well done mate that thing is incredible looking never mind how it performs.

I would love to have the skills to do something like this, you have nailed the styling !!!!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Well done mate that thing is incredible looking never mind how it performs.

I would love to have the skills to do something like this, you have nailed the styling !!!!

Thank you man, I really appreciate the comments.

It was a huge learning curve - I really didn't have the skills necessary to begin with and probably shouldn't have taken on such an ambitious project. My logic was however, 'if I build it, then break it, I can build it again'......rather than buying one and not knowing how to fix it when something goes wrong lol

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Looks really well Kev, you cant ever sell this...……………………...built, not bought!

Thanks Mike - I've no intentions of selling it. I'm going to try get the LSD fitted and get it mapped so I can make it to the next trackskills day!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I forgot to put up some pics of the rear. I intend on making up a diffuser which will reduce the '4x4 look' a bit.

ZAo32o3.jpg

HauN9wm.jpg

cMGgynV.jpg

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
That's a real credit to you, well done for taking it on. I'm sure most felt your pain as you took a few steps backwards during the project when you changed your direction, but what a result in the end, and hopefully you have no regrets as you did it exactly how you wanted.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
That's a real credit to you, well done for taking it on. I'm sure most felt your pain as you took a few steps backwards during the project when you changed your direction, but what a result in the end, and hopefully you have no regrets as you did it exactly how you wanted.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I'm glad I did go backwards to eventually go forwards lol. The car is exactly how I'd want it so worth all the agro! Let's just hope it maps OK and performs how I want it to! 👌

DavSki153

RMS Member
Great build log once again, gives me some great information / advice when looking to do something similar myself. Make sure to update once the new LSD is fitted and the car is on track!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Thanks mate - I'd be happy to help with anything you need.

I returned the quaife ATB diff and went for a Gripper plate LSD instead. The car is currently with Elite Motor Performance in Armagh - he is sorting out a few bits and pieces as well as mapping it. I received an update yesterday that my Rotary switch is wired in with the following positions:

1 - High boost
2 - High boost with anti lag
3 - Low boost
4 - Low boost with anti lag

So excited to get it back!!!

Great build log once again, gives me some great information / advice when looking to do something similar myself. Make sure to update once the new LSD is fitted and the car is on track!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Update as I receive it.....

So Mark at Elite is mapping it at the minute (or was). Apparently I hadn't plumbed the water lines properly so it let loose on the dyno, coolant everywhere 😂😂😂

On a positive, it made 250bhp on that run at 210ftlbs of torque (6000RPM). He said he will be able to get a lot more, a lot sooner in the rev range so he has to first fix the water lines LOL

Attachments

• IMG-20191022-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20191022-WA0013.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 94